Overcast Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDragon

Nov 9, 2006
Bedok
www.onzlah.com
Hi,

I just came back from Taiwan. The sky was kinda overcast throughout the whole trip. Managed to capture some snaps of the place.

sgsky.jpg

fengjianm.jpg

Nice nice..glad to see shots of places that I didn't get to go to during my recent trip. ;p Did you go qing jing farm? Its quite a scenic place.

Nice nice..glad to see shots of places that I didn't get to go to during my recent trip. ;p Did you go qing jing farm? Its quite a scenic place.

Sadly no. Was arranging to go there from Puli when my other 1/2 said she is too tired. So we went back to Taichung and spent the time at Tiger City .

Nice photos you've gt here

Did you went on a free n esay trip or package tour?
Planning to go on a free n easy trip say in may08. Mayb you could provide more info? ;p

Nice photos you've gt here

Did you went on a free n esay trip or package tour?
Planning to go on a free n easy trip say in may08. Mayb you could provide more info? ;p

Thanks.

My other half and I went on a free and easy Tour. Our second F&E trip to Taiwan.

1st time we went in May 07. (Very Hot)
We went to Hualien, Taroko National Park and Taipei

This time we went, it's on average about 16-19 Degree Celsius
We went to Nantou, Taichung and end the trip in Taipei.

Depending on where you wanna stay, We got our hotels Online, from Octopus Travels.
We stayed in Marshal Hotel when we were in Hualien, stayed in Dolamanco Hotel every time we went to Taipei and Gelarie Hotel in Taichung.

If you are staying in Taipei and if you are going with your GF or wife, Dolamanco is a very good hotel with friendly staff and good healthy breakfast. Ask them about the nearest night market only the locals will know how to go. They will show you how to get there.

If you are staying in Taichung. Gelarie Hotel is just less than 5 minutes from Fengjia Night market if you exit by the back door.

Travelling is easy. Taking the interstate buses will cost you less then $10 whereas taking a cab will cost you from $50 to $100.

Taking a cab within the city will start from 70nt which is about SGD3.50 and 5nt about SGD0.20 every KM.

;p

Thanks.

My other half and I went on a free and easy Tour. Our second F&E trip to Taiwan.

1st time we went in May 07. (Very Hot)
We went to Hualien, Taroko National Park and Taipei

This time we went, it's on average about 16-19 Degree Celsius
We went to Nantou, Taichung and end the trip in Taipei.

Depending on where you wanna stay, We got our hotels Online, from Octopus Travels.
We stayed in Marshal Hotel when we were in Hualien, stayed in Dolamanco Hotel every time we went to Taipei and Gelarie Hotel in Taichung.

If you are staying in Taipei and if you are going with your GF or wife, Dolamanco is a very good hotel with friendly staff and good healthy breakfast. Ask them about the nearest night market only the locals will know how to go. They will show you how to get there.

If you are staying in Taichung. Gelarie Hotel is just less than 5 minutes from Fengjia Night market if you exit by the back door.

Travelling is easy. Taking the interstate buses will cost you less then $10 whereas taking a cab will cost you from $50 to $100.

Taking a cab within the city will start from 70nt which is about SGD3.50 and 5nt about SGD0.20 every KM.

;p

Thanks for the info. Planning to cover Taipei and Kaohsiung extensively. :bsmilie:

Thanks for the info. Planning to cover Taipei and Kaohsiung extensively. :bsmilie:

I would advise against going Kaoshiung extensively actually...there's nothing much to do there. The air is very polluted and the love river is also pretty disappointing when i went there last month. Probably better to consider other places in taiwan like hualien, nantou etc. Taipei itself has quite alot to see as well.

I would advise against going Kaoshiung extensively actually...there's nothing much to do there. The air is very polluted and the love river is also pretty disappointing when i went there last month. Probably better to consider other places in taiwan like hualien, nantou etc. Taipei itself has quite alot to see as well.

Thanks. say if i wan to cover Taipei and Taichung thoroughly. How many days wld u advice wld be enuff?

Mayb could advice on budget as well (excluding air fare) ? I was tinking abt 1.5k including air fare. Nt sure enuff anot

Thanks. say if i wan to cover Taipei and Taichung thoroughly. How many days wld u advice wld be enuff?

Mayb could advice on budget as well (excluding air fare) ? I was tinking abt 1.5k including air fare. Nt sure enuff anot

If just Taipei and Taichung, I think bout 8 days would be comfortable. For me, i spend 9 days to Taipei, Nantou (Taichung), Hualien and Kaohsiung, which was abit rush, total we spend bout 1.3k inclusive air fare.

There's lotsof places to explore in Taipei and Nantou. Prb you can just drop me a pm if you would like to find out more, so that we don't OT anymore in this thread. :angel:

If just Taipei and Taichung, I think bout 8 days would be comfortable. For me, i spend 9 days to Taipei, Nantou (Taichung), Hualien and Kaohsiung, which was abit rush, total we spend bout 1.3k inclusive air fare.

There's lotsof places to explore in Taipei and Nantou. Prb you can just drop me a pm if you would like to find out more, so that we don't OT anymore in this thread. :angel:

TS, paisay ar. keep the photos coming :D

phantasia: PMed you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.