Outing to Palau Ubin

agree... mai lazy... time to burn fats.. been there with gals and they can finish the walk entire island..

Ok ok, we walk. I'm just saying that transport got its own advantages. But I agree, walk can see more things which is the main issue. Cheers.

Ok ok, we walk. I'm just saying that transport got its own advantages. But I agree, walk can see more things which is the main issue. Cheers.

Anyone in this outing not very fit to walk the whole tour? we can think of alternative

I think walking is alright under normal circumstances. We should be in Ubin by 8am after our sunrise shoot. But as we will hv our tripods, camera gears, water and such, this means we have additional weight to carry. So its not being fit but can we all tahan the heat after 9am? And we will definately move slowly cause we will snap snap and snap. So reaching the mangrove or Chek Jawa could be a challenging goal. So if we took the van, we will buy time and spend the morning at mangrove or Chek Jawa to take more pictures. Alternative, if we want to save money, we can just take pics around the jetty and the spice garden (takes one half hour to complete). Head back to mainland, have our makan session and chit chat and share ideas and interests. Just my two cents arh....I think Aunty me is game enough to take the challenge of walking...the most i skive and wait for you guys to collect me on the way back to jetty ;)

I think walking is alright under normal circumstances. We should be in Ubin by 8am after our sunrise shoot. But as we will hv our tripods, camera gears, water and such, this means we have additional weight to carry. So its not being fit but can we all tahan the heat after 9am? And we will definately move slowly cause we will snap snap and snap. So reaching the mangrove or Chek Jawa could be a challenging goal. So if we took the van, we will buy time and spend the morning at mangrove or Chek Jawa to take more pictures. Alternative, if we want to save money, we can just take pics around the jetty and the spice garden (takes one half hour to complete). Head back to mainland, have our makan session and chit chat and share ideas and interests. Just my two cents arh....I think Aunty me is game enough to take the challenge of walking...the most i skive and wait for you guys to collect me on the way back to jetty ;)

we go light la.. put tripod in car instead..

Good Idea!!! smart Boy!!!.. Ok. put tripods in the car....and will bring nothing but camera and water .. :)
King....I challenge you to walk and snap !!! ha ha

tinaklee88 said:
Good Idea!!! smart Boy!!!.. Ok. put tripods in the car....and will bring nothing but camera and water .. :)
King....I challenge you to walk and snap !!! ha ha

Haha... Later like tat day half way run people...

hope u guys have wet weather plan.
or at least pack rain gear.
i would advise poncho instead of umbrella, coz it can cover fully the wearer & the bag/camera.
lightning have been frequent, recently there's a guy who was killed by lighting while fishing.
likewise the umbrella would be like his fishing rod, be a form of "lightning rod"

Poncho can also be use as ground-sheet or to wrap up things to water-proof them.

outdoor during rainy season in rurual area is different from urban area which u can immediately access shelter.

Enjoy yourself & be safe. look forward to pix by u guys~

hope u guys have wet weather plan.
or at least pack rain gear.
i would advise poncho instead of umbrella, coz it can cover fully the wearer & the bag/camera.
lightning have been frequent, recently there's a guy who was killed by lighting while fishing.
likewise the umbrella would be like his fishing rod, be a form of "lightning rod"

Poncho can also be use as ground-sheet or to wrap up things to water-proof them.

outdoor during rainy season in rurual area is different from urban area which u can immediately access shelter.

Enjoy yourself & be safe. look forward to pix by u guys~

Poncho will still be wet.. i bring a small foldable umbrella instead

How... King being suspended.. can I take over or any volunteers here to lead ?

Sir, I would like to exercise my Veto rights :angry:. I object.

Haha, just kidding, definitely fine with me. Enjoyed the previous outing which you organised.;)

Cheers.

small pig said:

I suggest that small pig could lead

Last edited:
I am ok for Small Pig to lead :) Let's not discuss King or anyone here except if it's for outing question.

I suggest that small pig would lead. Anyway, why is king suspended?

I am okay to continue to help King to carry on this trip but I have to admit that I am not aufait with ubin(last ubin trip was about 7 yrs ago). So if there is anyone who have more knowledge on Ubin terrain, much appreciated if you could join and lead us.

Anyway, I still hope that King can come back. King, if you are reading this thread and do wish to cont this trip. Pl sms me 91125351. I shall help you to continue on the coordination matters on this thread and you will lead us on the actual day.

Thank you.

BTW, which part of Changi Village we are meeting 0600hrs?

Let see if king reply me or Nt

interested! let me get back to you all soon on my availability :bsmilie:

BTW, which part of Changi Village we are meeting 0600hrs?

48511654.th.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Shall we meet at carpark 2? carpark 1 seems to be very sandy and carpark 2 is better, as we can stand on concrete pavement next to the shoreline. Is this place ok?

Last edited:
48511654.th.jpg

Shall we meet at carpark 2? carpark 1 seems to be very sandy and carpark 2 is better, as we can stand on concrete pavement next to the shoreline. Is this place ok?
Hi Small Pig, how should I tell taxi driver about the meeting point? Changi Beach Park carpark 2?

48511654.th.jpg

Just to share some info.

Carpark 6 will have a better eastward orientation for sunrise. On 17 Dec, low tide (1.5m, not very low too) is 9:35am. So tide is still going out, not sure how much beach and sand available.