Outing to Palau Ubin

I checked with a friend and he suggested that we should take the transport if we wanted to go to Chek Jawa. If we just want to roam about, there is a Scent Garden near the customer Service area to take pictures of plants like Spices...Lemon Grass, Ginger, etc.

You can get more info from this site :

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=parks&id=29&Itemid=73

Can check out Chek Jawa and Sensory Trail

Not too sure if must pay to go in....the website is a tour website.

Last edited:
I checked with a friend and he suggested that we should take the transport if we wanted to go to Chek Jawa. If we just want to roam about, there is a Scent Garden near the customer Service area to take pictures of plants like Spices...Lemon Grass, Ginger, etc.

How much is the transport? Everyone willing to pay? where to get the transport?

Hi am interested too.
tripod needed for sunrise? will be quite a hassle to bring it walking all over ubin.

no tripod take wat sunrise?? stay at home then no hassle

How much is the transport? Everyone willing to pay? where to get the transport?

Paying for the transport is ok with me and jaskhng. Also, to have a transport would be a very good idea. If weather turn unfavorable, still can take shelter in the bus. Cheers.

Last edited:
me ok too... but i dont thinking the bus will wait for you while you shooting.. .

me ok too... but i dont thinking the bus will wait for you while you shooting.. .

Not sure if they have those half day transport which can take us around the island.

Not sure if they have those half day transport which can take us around the island.

not cheap to bao a van for half a day... a lot of us are poor man.

Hi I will like to participate with my cousin.

thanks!

1) D700King
2) 5tHalo
3) Small pig
4) benkhng
5) jaskhng
6) tinaklee88
7) NikonSG
8) Achim Reh
9) Rabbity
10) wormz777
11) Batthousai
12) Ding5678
13) Christine_0
14) ehping
15) dawnsg
16) Dawnsg cousin

FULL

|

not cheap to bao a van for half a day... a lot of us are poor man.

I'm ok to walk or take transport. But with transport has its advantages. Also, the cost should not be a lot since it is splited by 16 of us. Anyway, we can check the price and decide when we get there. Cheers

P.S Me also broke already after burning a Big hole in my pocket for our DSLRs. :cry:

Last edited:
after all, pula ubin is not really that big. I remember I walked across once ore twice . But ok, with heavy gear , it is probably not so much fun. I am ok with van or walking, no problem.

ok... let see how much. treat it as a trekking outing too.

Me too.. Pocket kosong because of my dslr.. Huhuhu.. Hopefully costs are not high..

Me too.. Pocket kosong because of my dslr.. Huhuhu.. Hopefully costs are not high..

lol.. mi also quite dry but I guess it wont be too ex.. maybe per person is less than 10 bux? Boat fees to and fro is $8. ok la.. $20 for an outing cum trekking.

Would not be ex.
I remember that the boat trip one trip (One Way) cost S$2.50 per person.

To see more things i might suggest walking.
My last trip there, caught sign of a wild boar that attracted some passerbys.

Can see the granite quarries clam blue waters with birds gathering around it. :D
And the mangrove walk trail.

you are right.

How to get to and get around on Pulau Ubin
Where is Ubin? Pulau Ubin is off Changi Point, accessible via Changi jetty (public bumboats) and Marina Country Club (guests of Ubin Lagoon Resort).

How do I get to Pulau Ubin? Take a bumboat from Changi Jetty (now called Changi Point Ferry Terminal), which is near the Changi Village Hawker Centre. This map is from the NParks website:

To get to the bumboats, go down the stairs at the Terminal. This Terminal also serves those going to Penggerang, Johor. So be sure to join the correct queue for Pulau Ubin.

Cost of the bumboat: $2.50/person (wef 15 Apr 08). Maximum 12 passengers.

Just join the queue and the boats will leave when they have 12 persons. If there are less than 12 persons, you might have to wait a little while until enough people turn up. Or you can pay $30 and go straight away.

Bumboat operators run from sunrise to sunset. You can make special arrangements with the operators for trips after dark.

Getting around on Ubin: Ubin is ideal for leisurely strolls. There are well-marked roads and trails to explore. Stop by the NParks Information Kiosk near Ubin jetty for a free map and information on the latest happenings.

Cycling is another great way to explore Ubin. Bicycles can also be rented. The friendly bicycle rental people can tell you more about Ubin and advise you on where and how to go to various places of interest. There are also guided cycling tours.

Also available for hire are 'taxis' comprising panel vans that can take up to 12 persons. As well as passenger cars for 4-6 persons. During the weekends, plenty of drivers wait at Ubin jetty for potential passengers. These can be hired by the hour as well as for specific destinations. Many of the drivers are experienced and can bring you to special places or to look for special things. Rates are negotiated before the journey begins. Van drivers will give you their name cards so you can call or page them on your handphones when you are ready to go home, or you can pre-arrange a pick-up time upon your arrival.

How to get to Chek Jawa?
At Ubin Jetty, you can hire a van to take you there. The vans usually charge $2/person for 12 persons, one-way. The van will drop you off at Punai Hut and you'll have to walk the rest of the way to the Chek Jawa Information Kiosk and entrance to the boardwalk. More about Chek Jawa and the boardwalk.

You can also hire a bicycle and cycle to Chek Jawa. Get directions from the bicycle rental shop or at the Ubin NParks Information Kiosk opposite Ubin Jetty. Please park your bicycle at Punai Hut and walk the rest of the way into Chek Jawa.

Last edited:
I live at Kartib. The first train at Kartib is about 530am. After MRT then taxi, it will be sure after 6am already. Anybody at north area want to share a cab?

I won't suggest cycling or taking the taxi otherwise you might miss a lot of things. Walking is the best. Drink plenty of water the night before and prepare for the 5km route match. Last year when I was there they have this guide whom they show you around the place which takes you to observation towers and the swamps. If your timing is right you can even go down to the swamp at low tide to photograph starfish, crabs and even sea urchins. So macro capabilities would be a plus. But be prepared to dirty your shoes. Enjoy!

I won't suggest cycling or taking the taxi otherwise you might miss a lot of things. Walking is the best. Drink plenty of water the night before and prepare for the 5km route match. Last year when I was there they have this guide whom they show you around the place which takes you to observation towers and the swamps. If your timing is right you can even go down to the swamp at low tide to photograph starfish, crabs and even sea urchins. So macro capabilities would be a plus. But be prepared to dirty your shoes. Enjoy!

agree... mai lazy... time to burn fats.. been there with gals and they can finish the walk entire island..