[Xing Asia] Aug 2014 : Ceylon Paradise of Sri Lanka
Depart: 6th August 2014, Wednesday
Return: 12th August 2014, Tuesday
Price from: SGD1,250 (Twin share) / SGD1,550 (Single)
Group Size : 8min /16 max
Open to Clubsnap members and public
- Negombo known for its huge and old fishing industry
- World Heritage of Lion Rock at Sigirya
- Golden Temple of Dambulla, a UNESCO site with the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in country
- The Grand Esala Perahera festival held in Kandy
- Ceylon tea plantation at Nuwara Eliya
- Galle Fort in the Bay of Galle, built in 1588 by the Portugese
- Stilt fishing where the fishermen sit on a cross bar tied to a vertical pole planted into the coral reef
Day 1 (B/D) : Depart from Changi Aiport, arrive Colombo airport. Transfer to Colombo, check in hotel and rest. Morning visit Kelaniya temple where a dagoba (stupa) was built after Buddha visited the site at 5th century BC. After lunch, visit Colombo town and Fort Station, where it is the terminal of most intercity trains in the country. Busy activities of local commuters in this railway hub. Proceed to Galle Face Green for the sunset. Overnight at Colombo.
Day 2 (B/D) : Morning visit to Negombo beach for the fisherman activities and boat ride along Dutch canal to experience the village life. After lunch, driver to ancient city of Sigiriya. Visit the World Heritage Lion Rock, a fortress of ruin capital was built on top of the mountian. Overnight at Sigirya.
Day 3 (B/D) : Check out and drive to Golden Temple of Dambulla, a cave temple dated 2nd centuries BC. Continue to visit Nalanda Gedige which is one of the remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. After lunch, arrive at Kandy, the center of the traditional arts in Sri Lanka and visit the handicraft village. Overnight at Kandy.
Day 4 (B/D) : Visit Pinnawala Elephant orphanage, a nursery and captive breeding ground for wild Asian elephants. Back to Kandy town for city walk at your own leisure. Late evening, proceed to location for the Esala Perahera festival. Overnight at Kandy.
Day 5 (B/D) : After check out, drive to Nuwaraeliya the center of hill country. En-route visit a tea plantation to understand the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. After lunch, en-route visit a tea plantation to understand the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. After lunch, drive to Galle Fort. Sunset at Galle fort and overnight at Galle.
Day 6 (B/D) : Sunrise over Indian Ocean from Galle fort. The fort was originally built by Portugese and extensively fortified by the Dutch during the 17th century. The heritage value of the fort has been recognized by the UNESCO. We will spend rest of the day to explore the city of Galle. Overnight at Galle.
Day 7 (B) : Sunrise and witness the traditional tilt fishing at southern of Sri Lanka. Proceed to airport in late morning.
Pacakge Inclusions :
- Fully private tour in vehicle
- 7 nights accommodation at comfortable hotel, including the early check in arriving at Colombo by midnight
- AC room and twin sharing basis
- All entrance fees
- All meals as per itinerary above
- Photography guidance Master Photographer (MPAUK)
- International flight to Colombo, China (Participants to purchase flight tickets only upon trip confirmation)
- Visa entry to Sri Lanka (if applicable)
- Additional beverages (including alcohol) not included in meals
- Any other incidental expenses incurred by participants
- Tips for driver (voluntary basis)
- Colombo temperature : 32° / 24°
- Kandy temperature : 28° / 19°
- Able to carry own photography equipment and personal chores
- Half an hour hike up (on steps) to the Lion Rock, Sigiriya
-Wide angle to tele range
- Graduated neutral density filter, Neutral density filter, Circular Polarizer (CPL), Tripod
- Suggest to carry another spare body, battery, and charger. If your equipment stops working during the trip for whatever reason, it is unlikely to find a repair shop or buy a replacement.
Flight Detail :
Suggested airline : Emirates Airline
- Price : Promotion from SGD468 onwards
- Depart : Wednesday 6 Aug 2014 / 77W / 0050 0155
- Return : Tuesday 12 Aug 2014 / 77W / 1505 2135
- Registration on our website
- SGD500 non refundable deposit
- Remaining balance to be made 1 month before departure
- If the trip is cancelled by organiser, fully refund
- Organised by Xing Asia, a Singapore licensed travel agent with ISO9001:2008 certification
- contact me by private message or
- email to email@example.com