Outing to bugis

Status
Not open for further replies.

vector1

Feb 3, 2007
I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this, as I'm just looking for some advice, but here goes

I'm bringing some people (about 20) to bugis for a black and white themed photoshoot next week sat. Are there any places recommended to shoot in BW? My friend has suggested that we shoot in Chinatown instead for the "old" look, but as we will be visiting the Eye e City exhibition later, I would rather stay at bugis area if possible.

I would appreciate if you all could list out the places that are best to shoot in the early morning to afternoon (places with good lighting or some special quality?), and see if there's enough to occupy us from around 8am to 11am++

Walk down a bit from Bugis towards Sultan mosque, and you will find lots of shophouses that are quite run down. Those would provide some opportunity for you to shoot.

Other than that, if you go towards Sim Lim Square from Bugis, there's also the temples there as well. Cross to the other side, and you may be able to catch a glimpse of the activities at Sungei Road. If you don't mind walking more, there are more shophouses at the Little India area.

Frankly, have no idea why you should think BW is any different from colour images.

It's not so much the BW, but more of the "old" look we're looking for, for stuff that's out of the way and such... and I'm still quite new to photography, not like the gurus here who are well versed in all aspects of photography :(

Status
Not open for further replies.