Originality please. Not another remake

apparently quite a success in japan wor...

talk about artist teeko angle, i think queen's blade not bad... :bsmilie:

no surprise lar, it the land of man buying used & unwash undies.:sweat::sweat:

not forgetting they came out with the pillow for man, in the shape of pair of ladies legs (hip down) wearing mini skirt in a traditional sitting position

Last edited:
see me so up ar... i wanna view the girls 1st :devil:
haiz.....

only pretty and famous can make the movie selling,

number one I can think of is J*****, but scared she will overpowering you.....

next one will be b***, but will really hard for people take their eyes off her....

another one will be P****** N*, once she open her mouth, I think your also lose out to her.

do not forgeting LindaChew also, but she is such a illusive character, till today nobody know is she real? a man or a woman? she will be forever a legend in CS.

what do you think?

Combine the best assets of the best listed below and put our yandao's face can liao! But how to portray Linda's most visual characteristic ah ... ? :bsmilie:

haiz.....

only pretty and famous can make the movie selling,

number one I can think of is J*****, but scared she will overpowering you.....

next one will be b***, but will really hard for people take their eyes off her....

another one will be P****** N*, once she open her mouth, I think your also lose out to her.

do not forgeting LindaChew also, but she is such a illusive character, till today nobody know is she real? a man or a woman? she will be forever a legend in CS.

what do you think?

Suddenly my list of to-watch anime has increased tremendously. :sweat:

Actually most screen adaptations are not a faithful reproduction of the novel/manga/anime/game it's based on. Even manga to anime adaptations are usually not followed closely. (a lot of them actually deviates quite a bit)

I think it matters more whether is it a well made production and that it did not deviate too much from the original. Just my 2 cents.

I find most of the chinese wu xia tv series in the past few years have bad action choreography + plenty of really bad cgi.

The bottom line counts

i think i just watched the most crappiest version of 倚天屠龙记 ever made!

the ending was like huh? :thumbsd:

I never figured it out as well.
3000+yrs of history and all that can be produced for TV are the Louis Chia novels?
Even if they do Water Margin, R3K, it'd still be too limited.
BTW, Water Margin seems to be rarely done and only by China IIRC.

It would be refreshing if they adapted comics or other novel (with a bit of re-imagining).

But it might be asking too much from HK industry. Even the movies squeeze every genre dry once they have a hit (Eg. Gangster -shoot shoot shoot shows; Gambling; Bo-liao movies; Zombie, etc).

The China ones at least are rather refreshing but draggy (for now). Hope they will improve in the future.

And I think China remade Journey to the west recently too right?

you got read wu xia?

i think jing yong (the author) is the best wu xia author out there. liang yu sheng, for one is not bad, but is way too draggy for a tv series. also incomparable. gu long is another one, but i dislike all his stories, very nonsensical :p but that's just my opinion, of course.

A swordfighting drama is not all about the gongfu. Just because Louis Chia wrote about swords and fist, u all assume it's the gongfu that he is writing about and on HWZ u actually have people debating about which gongful is the most powerful.

Actually, he's a real master at writing about human emotions and really good script writers and actors can really bring out the flavor of what he has written. So what story being used is isn't important and i felt this is where the current 椅天 has totally lost it because the characters are so flat. There's no screen affinity between the actors and each scene is just about rushing to the next fighting scene where they try to impress with some matrix like moves.

Yawns. Totally cheap.

Amongst the last 4 椅天 i watch, i rate this the lowest followed by an unmemorable one by some HK actor ( the one who act as a feeble neurosurgeon in 妙手仁心? ), then 苏友朋 and the best was actually 马景涛 and 叶童. 叶童 was sublime with her lovestruck dilemma-matic eyes while 马景涛 was rather convincing as the undecided chap who is easily swayed.

But i do like the 射雕 by 胡歌 and 林依晨 amongst the recent china offerings. Some hardcore called it not sticking to the story, but i really like how they reinterpret the relationship between 扬康 and his adopted dad, the anguish that Ouyang Feng's illegitimate son felt and 郭亮's acting rocks!! And the 互动 between 胡歌 and 林依晨was sublime, a lot of thought went into the dialogue and expression of the actors. Even in a scene with a lot of people and when the focus are not on these 2, their body language shows an inclination towards each other. It was like watching a Wong Kar Wai movie and to do that in a drama is no easy feat. I would have labeled it a classic if they had shot the last 5 episodes properly. Too rushed.

I am still coming across innumerable versions of the Jin Yong novel adapted for TV and/or movies. The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber. 倚天屠龙记.
The story was very well written (in 1955) and imaginative. But audiences cannot keep watching it in various incarnations with different sets of actors/actresses.

How is it that all the other Chinese Wu Xia authors have died?
Why are movie and TV studios remaking...and remaking... and remaking... the same old story for TV and movies.

Can we have some new stories.

Some originality, please.

so yea, Mr RicohFlex, this is why Louis Chia novels and dramas are as endearing as the many versions and remake of Romeo and Juliet..It's never about the gongfu, it's always about the human part of the story. Just happens that this current china version sucks badly.

i dont watch chinese/cantonese drama nowadays, very crap. i rather watch USA one.

Just finished watching "24" season 8 and "Dexter" season 4.

Dexter last episode very surprising and very sad.., i almost cry, no one can guess the ending is like that..:(

i'm not going to be a spoiler, go watch it.

Last edited:
anyone remember the movie version by 李连杰 and directed by 王晶? That is the most funny version :bsmilie: ... a pity they didn't continue with the 2nd episode :bheart:

Last edited:
i think i just watched the most crappiest version of 倚天屠龙记 ever made!

the ending was like huh? :thumbsd:
The original ending was that zwj and zm lived happily thereafter and the promise zzr want zwj to take care of her underlings in ermei while she go into seclusion for all e evil deeds she has done.

But the ending was changed to be updated to zzr made zwj fulfil the promise he made by being unable to officially marry zm.

Surely, i still preferred the original ending and the 2003 version.
Zm in 03 and 09 series both looked rather similar.

The original ending was that zwj and zm lived happily thereafter and the promise zzr want zwj to take care of her underlings in ermei while she go into seclusion for all e evil deeds she has done.

But the ending was changed to be updated to zzr made zwj fulfil the promise he made by being unable to officially marry zm.

Surely, i still preferred the original ending and the 2003 version.
Zm in 03 and 09 series both looked rather similar.

Hmm.. what happened to xyz and opq? :think: ;p

Hmm.. what happened to xyz and opq? :think: ;p
erm.. got xyz n opq meh~

type their full names very tiring one de leh, so must use shortcut ;p
i got the info i posted when i was googling for the weird add-on ending of 09' version versus the 03' version :D

Last edited:
i dont watch chinese/cantonese drama nowadays, very crap. i rather watch USA one.

Just finished watching "24" season 8 and "Dexter" season 4.

Dexter last episode very surprising and very sad.., i almost cry, no one can guess the ending is like that..:(

i'm not going to be a spoiler, go watch it.

24 season 8 oredi ! and I thought they will stop after 24 hours. Seems more like 24 seasons now. While good, it is a bit too much of Jack "Bower" and the CTU. Becoming draggy like Taiwanese serial. BTW, who watched 霹雳火 till the end. I also remembered there is another Taiwanese serial that was still showing after 2 years. Long winded.

24 season 8 oredi ! and I thought they will stop after 24 hours. Seems more like 24 seasons now. .

season 8 really final liao... no more jack bauer liao...no more torturing of his "victim" liao..

if u think those are draggy , anime even worst.... Detective Conan more than 500+ episodes liao, almost 10 yrs( 1 week 1 episode, do the maths) ...bleach and naruto also many episodes and still continuing .....

Last edited:
I am still coming across innumerable versions of the Jin Yong novel adapted for TV and/or movies. The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber. 倚天屠龙记.
The story was very well written (in 1955) and imaginative. But audiences cannot keep watching it in various incarnations with different sets of actors/actresses.

How is it that all the other Chinese Wu Xia authors have died?
Why are movie and TV studios remaking...and remaking... and remaking... the same old story for TV and movies.

Can we have some new stories.

Some originality, please.

Robin Hood is out ,.... has it not been done several times?