Originality please. Not another remake

I think we should produce our own 倚天屠龙记 by Mediacorp starring Zoa Tay, Fann Wong, Christopher Lee etc etc. :)

Suitable shooting location will be 裕华园.

I actually liked our local version of The Return of The Condor Heroes. :think:

2 is already used up by 神雕侠侣..

If recycle too much, it'll be like the taiwan drama series where the same old characters appear is different series (e.g. "不了情","爱"), as if there is no other actor/actress like that..

Anyway, there are many other remakes other than the one stated above (holy bird hero partner), there's also "shoot bird hero tales" etc.. 射雕英雄传..

Strange, seems like no one want to remake "sky dragon eight chapter" leh.. 天龙八部..

I think we should produce our own 倚天屠龙记 by Mediacorp starring Zoa Tay, Fann Wong, Christopher Lee etc etc. :)

Last edited:

光明顶 we have decided to use 小桂林。 :bsmilie:

As original as VR man? :bsmilie:

6a00d83451b52369e201156.jpg

Mediacorp No. 01 Cult Classic

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

VR man still cannot beak Cicak man though.

Just like Batman, Superman are very old characters but their movies are re-made with newer technologies.

you have forgot to add... 'AND better'.

i'll rather watch 倚天 then the star awards..

Many versions had been shown... from movie by Shaw.. to the series by China, never mind that I had read the novel and that I had know the plot inside out, I still enjoy watching the show...

me old school, will prefer to read the novel, tho I have read it many times already.

When we read Jing Yong's novel, the whole family gets involved, my dad, my bro, my sis and my mum. My mun was the one usually finished firat and pass the book to me and then......

Don't think so. I've read the novel a number of times, I can confidently tell you they have cut away many scenes. To name a few:
1. Zhang WuJi demonstrated how to execute 7 sang quan.
2. When Zhang WuJi's uncles from Wudang tried to transfer internal strength to Zhang WuJi to cure his injury.

One of the worse version but might be slightly better than the Taiwan version (terrible):thumbsd:

They got to keep the essence for commercial reason. Not too lengthy

BTW.. how many chapters are there in this version?

Many versions had been shown... from movie by Shaw.. to the series by China, never mind that I had read the novel and that I had know the plot inside out, I still enjoy watching the show...

Same here. But I would love to watch the earlier HK version again.

This is a few i wish someone can product 上海滩 or 楚留香.. classic in my time ;)

This could be another Southeast Asia cult classic in the making, Cickakman vs VRman. :bsmilie:

Then will have the sequel..

Cicakman vs VRMan Requiem (just like that AVP movie)

On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Mulan movie (as opposed to some like the Disney one). However I watched it with someone who has read these books and I think he did not enjoy it as much because of the added interpretation, whereas for me, I enjoyed it because of the added interpretation.

Don't think so. I've read the novel a number of times, I can confidently tell you they have cut away many scenes. To name a few:
1. Zhang WuJi demonstrated how to execute 7 sang quan.
2. When Zhang WuJi's uncles from Wudang tried to transfer internal strength to Zhang WuJi to cure his injury.

One of the worse version but might be slightly better than the Taiwan version (terrible):thumbsd:
what I mean is close to the book compared to others.

I am ok with scenes being cut due to time constraint.

But I am not ok with additional scenes not in the book or change of storyline.

I read the book many years ago, so my memory might not be that accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :embrass:

let say we want to produce pictures of some classic scene from Jin Yong novel, can we suggest
#1, the scene, which novel, chapter?
#2, the characters, who is most suitable?
#3, location, where......

just for entertainment, don't take it so hard..... ;)

let say we want to produce pictures of some classic scene from Jin Yong novel, can we suggest
#1, the scene, which novel, chapter?
#2, the characters, who is most suitable?
#3, location, where......

just for entertainment, don't take it so hard..... ;)

I think Lu Ding Ji is good!

Who can be Wei Xiao Bao and who can act as all his wives? :devil:

by the way...

we have a lot of 无灯大师 and 一灯大师 here.

无灯大师, die die don't use flash, shoot in dark dark place also without flash

一灯大师, shoot anything with only one flash, even in board daylight also using flash

by the way...

we have a lot of 无灯大师 and 一灯大师 here.

无灯大师, die die don't use flash, shoot in dark dark place also without flash

一灯大师, shoot anything with only one flash, even in board daylight also using flash

:bsmilie: good one

how about Dong Fang Bu Bai? who is the best suitable for this role? :devil:

This is a few i wish someone can product 上海滩 or 楚留香.. classic in my time ;)

I saw a different version of '上海滩 ' at Bedok Bust Depot!