Orient Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was their first customer.

I bought a Sigma 10-20mm lens. It was far cheaper than anywhere else. With a few hours it developed a fault. I took it back and they replaced it without any hassle.

I went back a year later and bought a Sigma 8mm lens, at an attractive price.

I think it a very good shop and would not hesitate to buy there again.

Hahaha... me got similar experience too.
John 3:16 is rather popular now with more Ang Mo patronising.
Cannot blame them... i will also serve Ang Mo 1st if i m in their shoes cos Ang Mo usually got more spending power ;)
In the end, i got my camera from TK Photo.
Like what u described, their service is good too :thumbsup:
My experience with OP is great too. Straightforward service with very reasonable price quotes.

Not fair to say Ang Mo more spending power etc. Some goes to John simply cos Sam is very friendly. I bought a cam from there once and then it broke down after a few mths. They actually changed a new one for me and I would expect other shops to tell me to send it in as it is still on warranty.

Some take business class and some take economy class but end up at the same place. So going to John or any other is really a service preference.

For me....no loyalty at all. Who offers the best deal, I will go. If price difference is only about S$5 to $10, i will go to John for service.

Jus to share my experience.

My first visit I went in asking things in English but the conversation was not flowing. My 2nd visit I spoke to them in Mandarin, they became "more friendly". Not saying that they were not helpful when I was speaking English but I think its just that thay are more comforatable speaking in Mandarin than English. Generally they are very helpful, straight to the point and reasonably priced.

Just my opinion.

I bought a few accessories from OP before. Generally competitive pricing and straight to the core. A recommended shop for people who know what they are buying!

Cannot say I've had really bad experience with John3.16.. I've bought stuff from John3.16 but I can tell you.. it seems too fake... this guy calling you "bro and all".. but you know what I was really not too happy about with John3.16? Me having to stand there for a long while before being served... when an angmoh who had just walked in, he was served immediately..

Perhaps I don't buy enough from John3.16 - hence the "treatment".. But I get exceptionally good service from MScolor.. That's another shop you can consider.

I agree with u... John3:16 not as great as people have been telling... Their stuffs are not the cheapest in town. I certainly don't want to pay more for the "?good service?" and "extra opinions" on whatever I've already decided to get. I definitely don't like a shop that don't answer your phone calls+++ and no negotiation on price.

MS colour is my favourite shop too (the one next to food court in AMK HDB area). I find their prices are one of the lowest. They always answer their phone calls.

Cannot say I've had really bad experience with John3.16.. I've bought stuff from John3.16 but I can tell you.. it seems too fake... this guy calling you "bro and all".. but you know what I was really not too happy about with John3.16? Me having to stand there for a long while before being served... when an angmoh who had just walked in, he was served immediately..

Perhaps I don't buy enough from John3.16 - hence the "treatment".. But I get exceptionally good service from MScolor.. That's another shop you can consider.

with ref to the sentence in bold, its the same treatment even if u had bought alot of stuff from J316...:bsmilie:

definitely not a place to buy stuff if you are in a hurry. normally, I will go for dinner and return after 9pm when the shop is less busy. ;p

with ref to the sentence in bold, its the same treatment even if u had bought alot of stuff from J316...:bsmilie:

definitely not a place to buy stuff if you are in a hurry. normally, I will go for dinner and return after 9pm when the shop is less busy. ;p
I notice that too.

omg i got same experience as u
they prefer ang mo
and the queue is pretty damn long

Just got a e-quote from OP and CP.
I would say both offers around the same deal.
Some lenses OP cheaper, some CP cheaper.
May be going down OP have a look when i getting my lenses.

After the long wait, they still take their sweet time
even for simple things like a filter.....
most annoying.

A lot of the info from Lesly is made up by him
not based on any facts
I prefer he just stick to facts.

not based on any facts

Sounds very familiar, been hearing my colleagues saying the same things after they made their purchases. :D

But for me, CP & OP are my choice of shops.

Jus to share my experience.

My first visit I went in asking things in English but the conversation was not flowing. My 2nd visit I spoke to them in Mandarin, they became "more friendly". Not saying that they were not helpful when I was speaking English but I think its just that thay are more comforatable speaking in Mandarin than English. Generally they are very helpful, straight to the point and reasonably priced.

Just my opinion.
What if people can't speak Mandarin?

GMAN

I agree with u... John3:16 not as great as people have been telling... Their stuffs are not the cheapest in town. I certainly don't want to pay more for the "?good service?" and "extra opinions" on whatever I've already decided to get. I definitely don't like a shop that don't answer your phone calls+++ and no negotiation on price.

MS colour is my favourite shop too (the one next to food court in AMK HDB area). I find their prices are one of the lowest. They always answer their phone calls.
Haha, John 3:16, service is good for a new timer, after that you can fly kite. I bought lots of stuff from them. Once they know you, they make you wait and wait and wait. Once i just left the store. And have not been back there ever since.

GMAN

After the long wait, they still take their sweet time
even for simple things like a filter.....
most annoying.

not based on any facts
Which shop? Sounds like J316

GMAN

Went TK to buy a lens.
the price is competitive, so i decided to get one from them
however when i do not have the intention to buy the filter that the sale person suggests,
his attitude change!!!
and although he din force me to buy, but he throw the filter back to his colleague(0_o)
when i say i will reconsider the filter and get from them if i decide to buy(although i already told him i will take the lens),
i feel that the throwing part is not a nice thing to do infront of the customer. -_-!!!

Just curious, are you like below 20 or do you look like you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.