Order for brand new KangRinPoChe Ballhead NB-2A and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, that's also ok. But you have to wait. Will be back ard mid July or the end of July. Not decide yet. But definitely will go back.

Hi zmwang. OK so July see how you say lor. I will not get through my way liao. So calling loupgarou and anyone interested. zmwang agree to help. Pls check back here again for updates on whether zmwang can go or not. :D Or should zmwang start a new thread to prevent people getting confuse?

I definitely prefer to deal direct with the shop/dealer/manufacturer, dealing indirect, can zmwang insure the items? what if he kenna rob on the way here, are you going to bear the losses or are you going to make him bear it? what if the cargo hold pressure damages the ballheads?

which is to say, zmwang, can you be more transparent about the procedure.

a) where are you going to place the phone order with? directly with kangrinpoche or a dealer in china?

b) does this dealer take only money remittance from the shop in boon lay or can they deal in credit card?

c) do you have more information on this dealer? (address in beijing + phone number or website) do they speak english?

look at it this way $400 incurs $20 of GST. shipping is $35 per package. can we get them to declare a package price = $350 + shipping on the performa/bill of lading etc..

there's one last thing, anyone friend friend with CP tripod section? if they are, then maybe can ask an MO price from them.

ie: eg: 4 sets of the NB-2A + wimberly P5 (or S-4A) (generic camera plate) and 2 sets of S-5A (for those with long lenses) (ie: for me and eawtan)

can I take down an order confirmation? so I can go ask cathay about it. (I'll email them.

1. loupgarou 1 x NB-2A ballhead + 1 wimberly P5 or S-4A + 1 S-5A long lens plate.

can I take down an order confirmation? so I can go ask cathay about it. (I'll email them.

1. loupgarou 1 x NB-2A ballhead + 1 wimberly P5 or S-4A + 1 S-5A long lens plate.
2. eawtan , 1X NB3A + 2X S4A

Hi Loupgarou. Sad to say i can't answer these many questions that you posted. But definitely like to see the answer.

And do you guys mind if i close this thread. And you guys start a new one. As my original topic is invalid. And your should own the current discussion to avoid confusion to future reader.

Thanks alot.

Hi. How do I close this thread? Or can the mod help? As my original intention is already invalid. Thanks alot.

Just came back from CP and looked at the ballheads again..

The finishing on those with the A designation is slightly better, The visible difference is the "Kang Rinpoche" screw plate on the clamp, the "O" at the base as well as a grooved panning base instead of a smooth one.

As for prices, it's as follows:

NB-1A - Not available yet
NB-2A - S$625 with Wimberley P5 plate (Worth S$125)
NB-3A - S$555 with Wimberley P5 plate (Worth S$125)

I do find Wimberley's low profile plate very comfortable on the hand when you are using the camera vertically and best of all, it fits all makes of camera. Seems like Kang Rinpoche's plate is a replica of the Arca Swiss one, which in my opinion is less user friendly.

In addition, the Wimberley plates have two little safety screws option that prevents your equipment from crashing to the ground if you are not careful.

So... if I am to consider the Wimberley plate for it's design, the NB-2A is valued at S$500 (S$625-S$125), which is just S$15 more that the order price. For S$15 more, I get warranty and credit (via credit card payment).

By the way, the P5 plate is suppose to be a promotion free gift. When the offer is over, Cathay Photo may not offer this item or may change it.

As for the point on ballheads requiring no servicing, that may not be true. I happen to have an Arca Swiss (the supposingly "best" (my foot!) ball head), which was in and out of Cathay Photo's service centre 3 times and it's still not working properly. And I've only used it a few times.

Looking at the various cost and options, I think if I can't get it from China, I will pick it up from Cathay Photo.

Cheers,

serendipity, unlike buy/sell, there is no need to close the thread.

I try to answer some of your questions, if not all, before I go home.

loupgarou said:
which is to say, zmwang, can you be more transparent about the procedure.

a) where are you going to place the phone order with? directly with kangrinpoche or a dealer in china?

Order can be only via a dealer in China, the most famous dealer/agent locates in Guangzhou, my KR (stands for KangRinpoche) NB-3A is from there.

So, first I call them to make sure whether they got stocks for what I want, then I will transfer the money to their designate account. Once the money transfer is done, will call them again to confirm.

loupgarou said:
b) does this dealer take only money remittance from the shop in boon lay or can they deal in credit card?

They take only moeny remittance, no credit card. Credit card is not famous in China.

loupgarou said:
c) do you have more information on this dealer? (address in beijing + phone number or website) do they speak english?

They speak Cantonese and Mandarin. If you want more information, pls check http://exchange.xitek.com/showexchange.php?ex_threadid=21978, sorry if you can't read chinese.

loupgarou said:
look at it this way $400 incurs $20 of GST. shipping is $35 per package. can we get them to declare a package price = $350 + shipping on the performa/bill of lading etc..

For the GST, it really depends on the custom and the package. For me, a NB-3A with P6939, and other two QR plates. No GST.

I presume no one else is interested if I can get a lower price from cathay (which includes warranty)? I'll head down later today and check.

2. eawtan , 1X NB3A + 2X S4A

ok: I've already gone down to cp to ask for pricing for 3 x NB-2A and 1 x NB-3A.

I believe the offer comes with the wimberly P5 plate by default

could the interested parties update exactly what long lens they are using so I can seperately ask for the plate price. CP doesnt' really carry the kangrinpoche plates (they only got 1 of each), citing grip unreliabilty esp under hot weather when the rubberised grips will soften and loosen.

to check the wimberly plate number
http://www.tripodhead.com/products/lens-plates-main.cfm

1. loupgarou 1 x NB-2A + 1 wimberly P5 + P40 plate
2. eawtan , 1X NB3A + 1 wimberly P5
3. ericp , 1 x NB-2A + 1 wimberly P5

--
note: if pricing is your sole objective, then this isn't probably for you, its just a slight discount of CP pricing with the inclusion of wimberly plate P5 and 1 year local warranty.

CP have not given me the pricing yet, will return call today.

meanwhile, BH photovideo's price for a wimberly p5 = $52.00 x 4 = SGD88.4 excluding shipping. inclusive of shipping, it is $236.75 / 4 x 1.70 x 1.05 (gst) = $105.6496875 each

however, you may save on gst, if you ship seperately in packs less than SGD $400 and combine them at vpostusa. = shipping for the above might work out
shipping to vpostusa for 2 x p5 = $52x2 + 4.95 excluding vpost charges = $108.95/2 * 1.7 = 92.6075 each

anyway, will do research on this when CP gives me a price.

Closing off this thread as discussion has shifted and MO organiser has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.