On holiday with your DSLR - excessive clicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tink its impt to strike a balance....there will be a time to take photos...and a time to leave the camera in the bag.... like when u are shopping with her...

hahah...

Erm... Shop less? :dunno: Singapore do have shopping malls right? Unless u're talking abt buying stuff that's restricted to their own local markets...

Erm... The main reason for them to go abroad is to buy buy buy buy buy... Sheesh, they even buy 1 bag of sweets and snacks the last time we went london cause it is cheaper... :rolleyes:

I guess shopping is a form of therapeutic exercise for them... Always felt like a mule and i am the only one really exercising when I go abroad with my parents and gf... :bsmilie:

i tink its impt to strike a balance....there will be a time to take photos...and a time to leave the camera in the bag.... like when u are shopping with her...

hahah...
she go shopping, I go shooting ;p

It is your consuming interest.
Your hobby.
It is the way you relax.
So what is wrong with taking many pics?

If others have a different interest, they can proceed their merry way.
Meet at hotel later on.

You might be bored to tears shopping and bargaining through 100 shops.
But others are energised and find it wonderful fun.

There is a difference between capturing the moment. And being in it.

Do you want to capture the photo of the kiss, or be the one kissing?

I beg to differ a little.

Where 'experiencing the moment' and 'capturing moments', a photographer knows psychologically what is coming from his subject and instead of basking in the afterglow, he would have knew the feeling beforehand and captures that afterglow in that 35mm film/sensor.

"The Photographer doesn't need to bask in the moment. He knows of the moment and lets the photo basks in it so that others can enjoy it."

Philosophically speaking that is. :)

There is a difference between capturing the moment. And being in it.

Do you want to capture the photo of the kiss, or be the one kissing?
To seal the moment of the kiss within the photo thus the ones who look at it would be able to relive the moment of the kiss AND others who look at it would be reminded of their own first time.

To seal the moment of the kiss within the photo thus the ones who look at it would be able to relive the moment of the kiss AND others who look at it would be reminded of their own first time.

I don't think you get it...

when i holiday with my wife, i will pass her another cam for her to shoot, so that she's occupied witih shooting and would'nt bug me when I'm shooting :p

Status
Not open for further replies.