OMG! Look at the EM-1 aka the now official E-M1 Thread

is it ugly?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Did Olympus change your body 3 times? Is this a common issue amongst E-M1 users?

first time they replaced the rear dial, and it worked fine for a few months. second time they replaced the top unit, and it worked fine again for a few months. third time, i politely requested for a replacement. i'm unlucky maybe? other friends who got their EM1 around the same time i did haven't run into this issue at all.

hi,

i've a spare HLD-7 to let go. It's BNIB and dated 29Apr14. (yes, that new). If interested can PM me and see how we can work it out.

hi guys,

For video capturing using em1, does anyone use a external mic? Will it be better to plug in a external mic for situation like rom gate crash etc. My intention is to capture this special moment purely for memories for our group. It's purely for self fun. I have experience with still images but never with video during such event.

Usually during video I will pre focus and switch to ring focus when I am on 12-40mm.
Is 12-40 a suitable video lens? Its awesome for me during still photography thou.
Should I get a prime like 17 or 25mm for video instead? One thing I am sure, I will need a couple of extra batteries for sure.

Appreciate if you guys can share your thoughts and advice.
Thanks!

Hi Keith,

I have the same problem too with the manual focusing.. So did you send it in for Oly Singapore to take a look?

actually I have another problem but I'm not sure whether is this a proper issue or not. =.= I shoot using the AFS-M mode, and a few times when I turn the manual focus knob on the lens expecting it to go into MF (I am also expecting to see a 14x view since I switch on MF assist), but the camera doesn't react. So far this has happened on Oly lenses hence its unrelated to third party lenses. hmm... 3 more strikes this occurs, I'm prob going down Oly though.

Hi Keith, I have the same problem too with the manual focusing.. So did you send it in for Oly Singapore to take a look?

In the end I just sent it in for a quick check and everything with the camera was 100% fine , I somehow realized it only happened with one of the lenses so I simply let it go.

Using the 17/1.8, 12-40 and 42.5 now almost everyday , I have no encountered this prob again.

Hi all, I recently discovered that there is one or 2 dead pixels on my pictures when i zoom in on them in LR. It appears as a pink colour pixel. So every time i need to use spot removal tool to remove them. Does anyone know if this is covered under the warranty?

Hi all, I recently discovered that there is one or 2 dead pixels on my pictures when i zoom in on them in LR. It appears as a pink colour pixel. So every time i need to use spot removal tool to remove them. Does anyone know if this is covered under the warranty?

Try pixel remapping on the camera first. It may help.

Ermm, sorry, not really sure how it works. Is it under the Menu settings?

Ok found it under the settings. Hopefully it helps. Thanks a lot!!

Just for fun

Had the luxury of testing the Rokinon 800/8 mirror lens on the EM1 due to the generosity of a great bro.

10440856_718936944839617_8783119134405438159_n.jpg

10441421_718936934839618_2991427258853562638_n.jpg

Monster lens, Monster performance. I was left deeply impressed when I was able to shoot 1600/8 handheld with EM1's 5 axis IBIS.

I almost forgot I have this lens too! After my initial disappointment with the contrast and sharpness on my Canon DSLR I stored it in the back of my dry cabinet. Maybe it is time to pull it out again.

How was the sharpness on the M1?

^__^; how can forget this lens when it has such a presence haha.

Taken at 85mm equivalent (using the 42.5/1.2)

10433162_718977878168857_1706323274645272190_n.jpg

Taken at 1600/8 (using the 800/8)

10402657_718977561502222_7248265709725637993_n.jpg

haha, hope u can find where i was zooming into.

sharpness is good, not top end but definitely acceptable. Moreover this lens is going for around USD169 now.

I could even manage to grab some XMM shots from around 100 m plus away.

Your 42.5mm is very sexy.... prefer this to XMM.

I have the MTCO 1000 mm mirror can take XMM from 120m away :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Thanks for the 42.5 comments. Best lens I've used so far on MFT platform.

1000mm can use to shoot XMM's teeth Liao ^___^

Just realise there's a plastic scrap in my 12-40mm f2.8 lens.. Seem lik the inner part plastic scrap? Any idea how to remove it? If send it to service center is it under warranty?

P6190472_zps7629a4ca.jpg

^__^; how can forget this lens when it has such a presence haha.

Taken at 85mm equivalent (using the 42.5/1.2)

Taken at 1600/8 (using the 800/8)

haha, hope u can find where i was zooming into.

sharpness is good, not top end but definitely acceptable. Moreover this lens is going for around USD169 now.

I could even manage to grab some XMM shots from around 100 m plus away.

Well, I have 3 142L dry cabinets so even digging out the lens is a bit of a treasure hunt! This lens is also not the largest in the cabinet... standing besides the Hasselblad 500mm it's like a midget!

Anyway, the pics look sharp enough for fun photography... enjoy!

Reactions: keithwee
Just realise there's a plastic scrap in my 12-40mm f2.8 lens.. Seem lik the inner part plastic scrap? Any idea how to remove it? If send it to service center is it under warranty?

Yup , can see the small mark but it looks more like a scratch on the front lens element to me (shadow's my hint) , if it's under warranty send it in since no matter what it does affect u right ?

Last edited:
Yup , can see the small mark but it looks more like a scratch on the front lens element to me (shadow's my hint) , if it's under warranty send it in since no matter what it does affect u right ?

Nah, it's not a scratch on the front lens. The lens have filter on it all the time. At 1st I thought it's the filter. but after I remove the filter I realize it's inside the lens. I just wonder is Olympus going to charge me if it's inside the lens.. Since it's impossible this could be user fault if it's inside the lens..