OMG! Look at the EM-1 aka the now official E-M1 Thread

is it ugly?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I am wondering if I shall start a new thread or it is alright to post my questions related to EM1 shooting style.

I am quite new to EM1 so I am curious what are your shooting sequence and style for video while using EM1.
1) Type of lens
2) M-focus, A-CF. (when on video I am mostly on M-focus)
3) how many batteries will be required for a half day event etc: birthday or wedding event.
4) Usage of external Mic? If so which model?
5) External lighting for video?
6) Usage of Mono pod ?

I do have some experiences with videos on DSLR but nv tried it on EM1 yet. So I am planning to understand how everyone style like using EM1 on the field? I am pretty confident on what to do and anticipate when it comes to still photography for the above mention events but not so sure when it comes to videography.

Hence the thought of seeking advises and direction on how to improve.
I am not doing any paid assignment, just purely for memories out of passion.

Pretty nice, if they can offset the tripod hole to lens centre would be even better :)

Is there anything that can offset the tripod hole to lens centre?

Is there anything that can offset the tripod hole to lens centre?

The one linked by kel77 is able to it seems.

Bro Kel77, what's your take on this L plate? they don't seem to have one for EM10.

Bro Kel77, what's your take on this L plate? they don't seem to have one for EM10.

No complaints for this one. Fitting and finishing of the plate is excellent. Had used the ishoot ones for other cams so had faith in their products.
Model for EM-10 will probably still need to wait for sometime.

No complaints for this one. Fitting and finishing of the plate is excellent. Had used the ishoot ones for other cams so had faith in their products.
Model for EM-10 will probably still need to wait for sometime.

great thanks, will save this seller for future :)

Bought the EM5 Elite with the free HLD6. With the 1st portion of the grid, there is a slight off centre tripod hole to lens centre. But I think with the QR plate that I have from Sirui, it seems to be able to adjust to the lens centre.

Just wonder, why they do not want to align tripod hole to lens centre? Is it for the battery grid?

Bought the EM5 Elite with the free HLD6. With the 1st portion of the grid, there is a slight off centre tripod hole to lens centre. But I think with the QR plate that I have from Sirui, it seems to be able to adjust to the lens centre.

Just wonder, why they do not want to align tripod hole to lens centre? Is it for the battery grid?

not really sure, though EM10 is their first m43 camera that is aligned.

Hi guys,

why not Gariz base plate. The tripod hole seem right in the centre when I am using it with tripod.
Just sharing.

my rear dial is acting up again (third time already)

so i finally brought my EM1 in a few weeks ago, for the third time. today my replacement body arrived, s/no BHP2521XX, together with a new warranty card (no extension though - same expiry as original). hoping it lasts!

so i finally brought my EM1 in a few weeks ago, for the third time. today my replacement body arrived, s/no BHP2521XX, together with a new warranty card (no extension though - same expiry as original). hoping it lasts!

Did Olympus change your body 3 times? Is this a common issue amongst E-M1 users?

Is this a common issue amongst E-M1 users?

It happens but I wouldn't say it's common. A kaki just bought an EM10 and another kaki an EM1 yesterday.

It's human nature (me also) to share disappointment when equipment fails , sometimes giving people the impression it's a very common issue but not share when it's working above expectations or just the way it should.

Take the 12-40 mount issue as an example , how many pieces damaged worldwide so far shared in the forums ? But yet sadly there are some people who have concluded it's a lousy lens based on what was shared by 4 users (probably) out of the many thousand pieces sold. ;)

Did Olympus change your body 3 times? Is this a common issue amongst E-M1 users?

I sent mine in 2 times for the same problem already. 1st time was just after CNY and 2nd time was about 3 weeks ago. They replaced the top panel and I got it back after just a day for the 2nd servicing. Hope it don't happen again :S