OMG! Look at the EM-1 aka the now official E-M1 Thread

is it ugly?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mine is BHP2245XX. Strangely, last night I played the cam for an hour but no problems. I will monitor if the problem comes back again.

BHP2166XX here.

BHP2166XX here.

hmm,

so far with dial issues but resolved or in process of resolving:
Varf : BHP2166xx
Kel77: BHP2245xx
i somehow remember tomboy78 or tomboy87 had this problem too.

No dial issues:
Keithwee: BHP2342xx

on a unrelated note - the hoo haa about the 12-40mm being fragile seems to have been settled. Olympus provided answers which someone posted on the mu-43 forum.

see: http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=56256&page=58

in short,' The number of lenses affected this way is insignificant by their count and is not deemed important.' & 'Lens is built to spec' amongst other statements. Do pop over & read if interested.

Just jumped into the M43 wagon. For Wifi access, I dont seems to be able to see any photos from my phone when I use "One-time" connection. Must be "Private". Any idea why?

Just jumped into the M43 wagon. For Wifi access, I dont seems to be able to see any photos from my phone when I use "One-time" connection. Must be "Private". Any idea why?

Make sure that you are shooting in RAW+jpeg or jpeg only setting from cam. The app can only see jpeg images.

Make sure that you are shooting in RAW+jpeg or jpeg only setting from cam. The app can only see jpeg images.

It's in JPEG but cannot see any photos. Scratch head.....

to share photos with One-time connection mode, you need to select (on your camera) which photos you want to share first. on your camera, view a photo using the Playback button, tap on the LCD to bring up the menu, then tap the (android?) share icon that looks like a '<' - this photo will now be "shareable" in One-time mode.

you can do this for multiple photos in photo grid display mode as well (slide the ^ tab upwards on the LCD to reveal the menu).

Hi to all gurus, I am new to the club, just bought a preowned EM-1 from one of the guys in the forum. After playing with it for awhile, I realise the down arrow button at the back seem to be giving a squeaky sound whenever i press. The other 3 buttons are ok with good tactile feedback. Is there something wrong? Thinking of bringing it back to Olympus to get it fixed since still got warranty.

Hi to all gurus, I am new to the club, just bought a preowned EM-1 from one of the guys in the forum. After playing with it for awhile, I realise the down arrow button at the back seem to be giving a squeaky sound whenever i press. The other 3 buttons are ok with good tactile feedback. Is there something wrong? Thinking of bringing it back to Olympus to get it fixed since still got warranty.

Same here. I brought it back to Olympus to change and end up my top rear dial become defective after fix. I have to bring it back again to change the whole top unit. Remember to check your top unit functions after fixing the panel bro.

Bring it back to Oly if it disturbs u :) I don't have a squeaky sound with the buttons either.

Oh ok. Solves one, creates another one. What a way to go, haha. Well I see if i can get use to that. If one day cannot tahan, then bring back. Thanks!

to share photos with One-time connection mode, you need to select (on your camera) which photos you want to share first. on your camera, view a photo using the Playback button, tap on the LCD to bring up the menu, then tap the (android?) share icon that looks like a '<' - this photo will now be "shareable" in One-time mode.

you can do this for multiple photos in photo grid display mode as well (slide the ^ tab upwards on the LCD to reveal the menu).

Tks! I just figure it out after reading the review from Dpreview too...all good now

was at OSC last week to get the EP13 eyecup and overheard a guy who has sent in his EM1 camera for the unresponsive rear dial issue that the turnaround time is now about 5 working days... this is pretty efficient although QC should still have been better in the first place... for those with rear dial issue, u may like to enquire with OlySvcCtr. :)

Just curious do they sell em1 body only? How much?

Just curious do they sell em1 body only? How much?

U asking about getting em1 from osc? Think cheaper to get from funan and Sim Lim. Prolly 18xx currently.

Hi Guys,

Just joined the em1 club and there are tonnes of reading to understand the other functions available. Totally different from what DSLR can provide. But overall, the IQ and AF speed is AMAZING! Simply loves it! Glad I didn't go for the EM10 + 12-40 combination.

Before going further, are you guys using mostly third party batteries? Cause I am planning to get 1 to 2 spares batteries but the original does cost a fair bit. So was wondering if the third parties works just as well or just go with original.

Any idea where to get the em1 LCD screen protector where the shop will be able to assist with sticking it up. I am seriously bad with those screen protector thingy.

For the base plate, which type are you guys using? I am those who prefer to keep the base of the camera in good condition so am thinking of getting something for it, plus my hand are too big for the current grip size. Which will be a better grip JB or Gariz and why?

For braided strap, is barton the only few popular brand? I am so poison after viewing a few of you guys using it... arghh..

Lastly, how and where did you guys get that shutter button replacement. Those like red colour sticker round type...

Pardon me guys.. Poison deep deep

Hi Guys, Just joined the em1 club and there are tonnes of reading to understand the other functions available. Totally different from what DSLR can provide. But overall, the IQ and AF speed is AMAZING! Simply loves it! Glad I didn't go for the EM10 + 12-40 combination. Before going further, are you guys using mostly third party batteries? Cause I am planning to get 1 to 2 spares batteries but the original does cost a fair bit. So was wondering if the third parties works just as well or just go with original. Any idea where to get the em1 LCD screen protector where the shop will be able to assist with sticking it up. I am seriously bad with those screen protector thingy. For the base plate, which type are you guys using? I am those who prefer to keep the base of the camera in good condition so am thinking of getting something for it, plus my hand are too big for the current grip size. Which will be a better grip JB or Gariz and why? For braided strap, is barton the only few popular brand? I am so poison after viewing a few of you guys using it... arghh.. Lastly, how and where did you guys get that shutter button replacement. Those like red colour sticker round type... Pardon me guys.. Poison deep deep

Welcome bro ;)

1. I'm using the original BLN1, more expensive they may be but I really just justify why I paid $2k for a top tier camera to go stingy on batteries.
No one pays $99 RRP, ask around and u will get better prices k ?

If u really wana use 3rd party, I used to get DSTE many years back and they worked quite all right. Be careful as some lousier 3rd party batt may not charge on the EM1 charger.

2. The EM5 screen protector works perfect for the EM1 too. I got mine done at SLR but honestly any shop will be able to do a proper job. I think I paid around $10, can't remember exact price.

3. If u r into 'braided' specifically , it's only Barton bro keke. There's a bonus , the braided ones are actually a bit springy and has tension , which goes a long way into lightening the stress on your neck. I'm using a Barton braided chrome. If interested I can refer u to a shop selling at $115 for it.

4. Grip / base I can't really answer.. Depends a lot on self preference. I'm using mine naked and the HLD7 comes in when I need it. The RRS plate is really very good too.

5. Go for the Gariz sticker button. Model no is the XA-SB1. Red and yeap , a proper soft button.

Have fun with the EM1 bro.