OMD battery charging issue

Apr 10, 2008
Balestier, Singapore
Problem

I am using the orginal battery and original charger to charge my battery. After charging overnight the battery light is off indicating a full charge but when I put it in my OMD it states that the battery is empty.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated

EPY

Expat yorkshire said:
Problem

I am using the orginal battery and original charger to charge my battery. After charging overnight the battery light is off indicating a full charge but when I put it in my OMD it states that the battery is empty.

EPY

Your charger contact might have gotten loose

Start with a simpler troubleshoot. Get a sharp point eraser (like those at the end of mechanical pencils) and give the contacts a good rub down. Oxidisation is the biggest enemy of electronics and batteries/chargers in this part of the world.

I'm having this issue also. even my third party batteries is still working now haha. my original battery now doesnt charge or turn on the camera..

Odd, my 3 original batteries work flawlessly. Are you sure you didn't get fake batteries? Just speculating...

Problem

EPY

Have you tried removing the batt from the cam and re-inserting it. Could be your batt is OK but the contacts
between the batt and cam is not contacting properly.
I had a problem with my 3rd party batt once and after doing the above, it was OK.