Olympus e520 upgrade

pepper0104

Nov 16, 2010
North
hello bro & sis, may i asked which brand & model is highly recommended to upgrade to from my current Olympus E520? Kind of use to Olympus made. can i have your view. cheer..:confused:

The answer to that question is usually :
- What kind of photos do you take?
- What do you find limiting about your current camera?

Once you know the answers to the above, then it will be much easier to choose. You might also want to ask in the 4/3rds forum here. ;)

Last edited:
hello bro & sis, may i asked which brand & model is highly recommended to upgrade to from my current Olympus E520? Kind of use to Olympus made. can i have your view. cheer..:confused:
If you're tight on budget can go for the E-30. There's not many to choose from if you're intending to stick to 4/3 as of now, E-620, E-30, E-5 or possibly a second hand E-3. Alternatively getting lenses of a different focal length range may be what you need? UWA?

The E-620's a good camera, definitely an improvement over your E-520, but personally, no point upgrading to another entry level camera. It's a minor point but do consider batteries as well, of the 4/3 series of cameras, only the E-400+/E-620 series are powered by BLS-1. BLM-1s from your E-520 are compatible with E-30, E-3 and E-5, so you will have your spare batteries already.

Do take a look at elgkh's flickr, he's also a E-520 user and i get inspired by him time after time. But ditto his post, choose what's right for you, there're several bodies that's currently looking really fine as well, the Pentax K-5/K-r, Nikon D7000 etc. So ultimately, choose the camera that suits you.

HTH =)

Last edited:
shouldn't this thread belongs to fourthird section?