old lense problems.(brought over from newbie thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

old-newbird

Sep 28, 2006
hi, i have have been look ard on the net to see the problems with older lenses and came up with lens creep, hazzy optics, oil on shutter leaves and mould.
now i know after reading that mould might not be able to be removed completely but its always good to let sunshine into ur lens once in awhile for a more or less cure for mould.

for hazzy lenses i guess can get it serviced?

what about lens creep? any cure?

and oil on shutter leaves ( aperture blades) i noe that its possible to get it cleaned but what if its on the lens(oil) ? unlikely? i have noticed that there is one pic on web that has oil like substance on the front optics? how is this possible?

and where can all this be done in singapore?

hi, i have have been look ard on the net to see the problems with older lenses and came up with lens creep, hazzy optics, oil on shutter leaves and mould.
now i know after reading that mould might not be able to be removed completely but its always good to let sunshine into ur lens once in awhile for a more or less cure for mould.

for hazzy lenses i guess can get it serviced?

what about lens creep? any cure?

and oil on shutter leaves ( aperture blades) i noe that its possible to get it cleaned but what if its on the lens(oil) ? unlikely? i have noticed that there is one pic on web that has oil like substance on the front optics? how is this possible?

and where can all this be done in singapore?

You can inquire with a fellow CS'er called Fatigue (David) he does wonderful cleaning of lenses and, he'll be able to advise you better. ;)

hey thanks bro !!

hi guys again i need some help with lens cleaning... but david is unable to do it due to work commitments... anyone in here has the same service?

or anyone can refer me to a shop which does lense cleaning ? thanks alot!

Mould.. Fungus... dang them! even i have them cleaned off on one of my oldie lens, it still comes back and haunt me even kept in a drycab with RH30.

thanks for the replies! satan u noe how much they charge?

mummum... dead on... plus my itchy hands left my lens in bits and pieces... nb... now f ring cant move...lol
tmr i go down find thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.