Official Olympus E-PL7 thread

Epl7 available in stores now?

Was at funan ytd, not available. There's a handson to try first if keen

Attachment-1.jpg

That's a good question, no idea if it's sold yet though, can give a call to the retailers? My friend collected her E-PL7 a few days ago, but hers was the preorder group

Was at Best Denki Great World City on Tue and they already had stock.

Sorry for a late night question but has the epl7 being sold in stores yet?

Cheers!

Thank you bros. Sorry for the late reply, was overseas. Do you think I should get it from local stores or during the upcoming it show if they do sell there?

Unsure of either creating a new thread for "Official Olympus E-PL7" thread, I shall post here first.

Recently got my epl7 and still learning how to use it, I was wondering if a single bright pixel in the display screen is a manufacture fault? I tried the digital level and the horizontal is off by 1 square to the right by default and have to recalibrate it again. Is it normal?

Sorry if I'm asking a nonsensical question..
Cheers.

Unsure of either creating a new thread for "Official Olympus E-PL7" thread, I shall post here first.

Recently got my epl7 and still learning how to use it, I was wondering if a single bright pixel in the display screen is a manufacture fault? I tried the digital level and the horizontal is off by 1 square to the right by default and have to recalibrate it again. Is it normal?

Sorry if I'm asking a nonsensical question..
Cheers.

hi Bryson,

for this, i'll assume the camera is still under warranty. The bright pixel on the LCD may be a dead or stuck pixel which may be better managed if you can send it back into Olympus. I believe Olympus has a policy coming to no of dead/stuck pixels before they replace but no harm trying.

no question is nonsensical if u r asking it out of good faith.

and yeap, good point Bryson. So i renamed the thread to Official E-PL7 thread. thanks

Thank you for your fast response! I've called Olympus and they suggested I try the pixel mapping option in the menu but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Have to send it down to their site to get it replaced.. my set was bought only 3 days back!

Thank you for your fast response! I've called Olympus and they suggested I try the pixel mapping option in the menu but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Have to send it down to their site to get it replaced.. my set was bought only 3 days back!

If they are willing to replace it, good for u bro :)

Seems like the e-pl7 isnt really popular compared to the E-M10

at less than $100 difference, most people would go for the M10.
I was very tempted to choose the M10.. evf and cool design

but I had to choose the e-pl7 for the selfie screen and lighter weight.

Seems like the e-pl7 isnt really popular compared to the E-M10

at less than $100 difference, most people would go for the M10.
I was very tempted to choose the M10.. evf and cool design

but I had to choose the e-pl7 for the selfie screen and lighter weight.

Other than the design and EVF, I think another factor people prefer the EM10 would be the availability of dual dials.

I'm using an EPL5 now, while we can set up the single dial to control 2 separate functions, it still isn't as intuitive as having 2 dedicated control dials.

Agree. I shoot manual mode and will not settle for single dial.

I'm confused with either getting micro sd card with adapter or just get the normal size sd card for the camera? Is there any writing speed difference if recording videos etc?

I'm confused with either getting micro sd card with adapter or just get the normal size sd card for the camera? Is there any writing speed difference if recording videos etc?

Just get the normal size SD card. I believe the micro SD with similar spec and capacity would be slightly more exp. More troublesome as well, have to use adapter.

Just get the normal size SD card. I believe the micro SD with similar spec and capacity would be slightly more exp. More troublesome as well, have to use adapter.

No leh. Its more convenient for all my devices now. Specs and prices about same.

Hi all, i decide to get the EPL-7 to replace my aging LX3 ...
Most of my shots are indoor low light, macro shots, selfie shot and on holiday i will shoot scenery ..
Please advise if my lens choice are good to start with ..

I would keep the single Kit lens 14-42 ..but may i ask why is it call pancake EZ ?

I'm looking at both Zuiko 25/1.8 or Zuiko 45/1.8, which should i get ?

For selfie, should i get a fisheye lens ? Would samyang 7.5mm fisheye lens be good enough ?

For marco shot, do i need to get another lens ?

Last edited: