Official Olympus E-PL7 thread

Hi all, i decide to get the EPL-7 to replace my aging LX3 ...
Most of my shots are indoor low light, macro shots, selfie shot and on holiday i will shoot scenery ..
Please advise if my lens choice are good to start with ..

I would keep the single Kit lens 14-42 ..but may i ask why is it call pancake EZ ?

I'm looking at both Zuiko 25/1.8 or Zuiko 45/1.8, which should i get ?

For selfie, should i get a fisheye lens ? Would samyang 7.5mm fisheye lens be good enough ?

For marco shot, do i need to get another lens ?

Get olympus 45 f2.8 macro lens first. It will cover you mid distance low light plus macro function. The other lenses don't buy first until u are very certain.

Btw why fisheye for selfie? Over time u either love or hate it. But never mind, it is not too ex. If possible get 2nd hand for 200+. Since manual focus lens doesn't have much delicate components in it.

Last edited:
took this selfie with samyang fisheye m43

10423911_952047594817454_1468367466595379138_n.jpg

my e-pl7 flip screen spoil liao..

can switch on camera, LCD working
but once i try to flip it, the LCD will black out

I see some wear&tear on the "data ribbon/tape".. heng I still got 1month warranty left..
thanks to the 15 month warranty

bought in Nov 2014

my e-pl7 flip screen spoil liao..

can switch on camera, LCD working
but once i try to flip it, the LCD will black out

I see some wear&tear on the "data ribbon/tape".. heng I still got 1month warranty left..
thanks to the 15 month warranty

bought in Nov 2014

repair liao can sell and upgrade ;p

I've own a Epl7 and will be getting a Fujian 35mm f1.7 to take photos of my toys for fun. Can someone advise me what are the setting I should set on the Epl7 to use this type of cctv lens? Thanks in advance...

I've own a Epl7 and will be getting a Fujian 35mm f1.7 to take photos of my toys for fun. Can someone advise me what are the setting I should set on the Epl7 to use this type of cctv lens? Thanks in advance...

You can set the IBIS to match that of this lens at 35mm, will help to get best results. And set a function button to zoom in, will help in manual focusing esp if you don't have EVF.

Thanks wonglp will try when my cctv lens arrive.

I bought an E-PL7 just 2 days back. It was working absolutely fine, and I have been playing around with it. Then today, suddenly I can't turn it on anymore. :( I'm positive that it was still working earlier in the morning. I initially thought the battery was just drained, so I charged it. But after charging, my camera won't still boot.

Any ideas, guys? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

PS. I have never dropped this, or did anything bad that would make it faulty :(

I bought an E-PL7 just 2 days back. It was working absolutely fine, and I have been playing around with it. Then today, suddenly I can't turn it on anymore. :( I'm positive that it was still working earlier in the morning. I initially thought the battery was just drained, so I charged it. But after charging, my camera won't still boot.

Any ideas, guys? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

PS. I have never dropped this, or did anything bad that would make it faulty :(

Sorry to hear that. Can give the shop a call if they can do a replacement, else, it's probably best to make a trip to Olympus Service Centre Level 13, 491B River Valley Rd, Valley Point Shopping Centre, 248373. Do bring warranty card & receipt as well.

Sorry to hear that. Can give the shop a call if they can do a replacement, else, it's probably best to make a trip to Olympus Service Centre Level 13, 491B River Valley Rd, Valley Point Shopping Centre, 248373. Do bring warranty card & receipt as well.

I bought this from Lazada. Do you think I should return this to them first? Or should I just go to the service centre you mentioned? Thanks so much for the reply. I am panicking right now, this is my first having an item that went faulty after a few days. :cry:

I bought an E-PL7 just 2 days back. It was working absolutely fine, and I have been playing around with it. Then today, suddenly I can't turn it on anymore. :( I'm positive that it was still working earlier in the morning. I initially thought the battery was just drained, so I charged it. But after charging, my camera won't still boot. Any ideas, guys? Appreciate any help. Thanks! PS. I have never dropped this, or did anything bad that would make it faulty :(

It's sad to read this :(

For Lazada , they sell items with local warranty or as parallel import items (no warranty cover)

If the set u had ordered was marked with local warranty , it's covered for repair / replacement costs but if it was an parallel import set , u will need to bear the costs.

Either way u will need to go to Olympus Svc Ctr for a visit get the camera fixed.

All the best.

It's sad to read this :(

For Lazada , they sell items with local warranty or as parallel import items (no warranty cover)

If the set u had ordered was marked with local warranty , it's covered for repair / replacement costs but if it was an parallel import set , u will need to bear the costs.

Either way u will need to go to Olympus Svc Ctr for a visit get the camera fixed.

All the best.

Yes. I am really sad right now. I was so excited and delighted with it and this happened, so unexpectedly. :cry:

Anyway, I have checked the item posting in Lazada, and it was specified there that it has 1 year local manufacturer warranty. I have submitted a return request already. Wish me luck!

Many thanks for the response! :)

Yes. I am really sad right now. I was so excited and delighted with it and this happened, so unexpectedly. :cry: Anyway, I have checked the item posting in Lazada, and it was specified there that it has 1 year local manufacturer warranty. I have submitted a return request already. Wish me luck! Many thanks for the response! :)

Glad to hear that's local manufacture warranty ;)
Best of luck !

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Any ideas normally how long the service centre need to repair the camera.
My E-M 10 arrow pad got some issue, the left and right button is not really responding and sometime become up & down instead.
Sian now cos I need the camera for this Sunday holiday trip

Sorry to hijack the thread. Any ideas normally how long the service centre need to repair the camera. My E-M 10 arrow pad got some issue, the left and right button is not really responding and sometime become up & down instead. Sian now cos I need the camera for this Sunday holiday trip

Depends on the severity of your issue. It is best that you check with them.

So far, my experience with them has been: they tend to be faster than what they said.

Depends on the severity of your issue. It is best that you check with them. So far, my experience with them has been: they tend to be faster than what they said.

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the reply.
I had sent in my camera yesterday and told them I needed for my holiday trip this Sunday.
They are trying their best to help me get it done by Saturday.
Tempting to buy the 7-14 pro after trying the display.

Saw Carrie Wong filming at the KFC below after visiting OSC :)

Hi Bro, Thanks for the reply. I had sent in my camera yesterday and told them I needed for my holiday trip this Sunday. They are trying their best to help me get it done by Saturday. Tempting to buy the 7-14 pro after trying the display. Saw Carrie Wong filming at the KFC below after visiting OSC :)

Hey, no problem at all. Glad that they are doing what they can to help you get your camera back in time. I know that lousy feeling when your equipment needs servicing just before an important shoot/trip.

7-14 PRO - I was tempted also but not really into UWA.

Btw, who is Carrie Wong?

Hey, no problem at all. Glad that they are doing what they can to help you get your camera back in time. I know that lousy feeling when your equipment needs servicing just before an important shoot/trip. 7-14 PRO - I was tempted also but not really into UWA. Btw, who is Carrie Wong?

https://www.instagram.com/p/9VhuUNAx8P/

I had just collection my Em10 from OSC yesterday.
Their service level is really :D