OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have try this http://www.waterproofgadget.biz/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=113
dicapacwps10.jpg
?

Thinking of getting this to Sunway Lagoon Water Park ...

Last edited:

Did a few more test shoots over the weekend.. more on the AF system.

I regret not spending more time reading the manual.. and therefore was wasting alot of shots fiddling with the AF controls and modes...

Ice Skating Competition @ JCube

^ 100% crop :sweat: Shot this morning at Bedok Reservoir

The AF system of this beast is amazing....

Nice action shots! Both involve surfaces of water... nice theme!

Nice action shots! Both involve surfaces of water... nice theme!

Thanks :) It just so happen that these 2 sports are on the same weekend. And I was lucky to be able to grab some shots while I was fiddling with the complicated AF controls.

oK GUYZ..best deal to go for a kit set 5D3 any suggestions..Tkz

tkz Zeisser, where did you get your set? how much?
ANy vendor here have good offer? Tkz

Have you done any groundwork on your own?

If calling each shop to ask for the price is too much of a hassle then just mass e-mail all of them. You can find the email address of the reputable shops under the Canon price guide thread. They will usually reply within 1-2 working days (Click replied within an hour. Kudos to that). Some shops may not reply you at all so you can give those a call. That's what I did when I got my 5D3.

Hi guys, To share my ground work. Planning get 5D3 w 24-70 mk2 . Walk around these few days, visited a few shop : CP , TK , Click , John . So far John ($80 cheaper) has the best price in total . But still deciding CP or John as John dun have much accessories for my future purchase.

Future purchase you can go some other shop, why must be at the same shop :dunno:

I have cheapskate thot ...shameful haha I thot I have purchase history , future purchase will auto good pricing . No need to do do price checking.....ie Len 2 , Len 3

I have cheapskate thot ...shameful haha I thot I have purchase history , future purchase will auto good pricing . No need to do do price checking.....ie Len 2 , Len 3

Not gonna happen if you have just bought 1 camera + 1 lens from them.

Total promiscuity in purchasing camera equipment among several partners is still socially acceptable. ;)

Just want to bring this up for existing 5d3 users.... Accidental Lens Release - Canon Forum

I had a close encounter with this issue recently. But luckily I was holding on to the lens when it happened. So, do be extra careful..

Just want to bring this up for existing 5d3 users.... Accidental Lens Release - Canon Forum

I had a close encounter with this issue recently. But luckily I was holding on to the lens when it happened. So, do be extra careful..

Thanks for highlighting this! Better hold on to my lens even with failsafe. Looks like a design flaw to me. I also notice it's significantly easier to engage the lens release button on this body.

Thanks for highlighting this! Better hold on to my lens even with failsafe. Looks like a design flaw to me. I also notice it's significantly easier to engage the lens release button on this body.

The Lens release button is quite easy to depress now as compared to my 500D..

btw, curious to know, how do you have a failsafe for those lens without lens mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.