OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. Anyone got recommendation for intervalnometer for 5d3 ?

Did anyone saw the luma lab- Cinch camera strap? anyone plan to get this? the 2nd version is going to release next month.

Congratulations! Let us know what you think and post a photo or two from your new baby! :)

Thanks :) Will be bringing it for some test runs tomorrow evening.... Just barely scratched the surface of the thick manual....

*Still fascinated by the bokeh :bsmilie: :sweat:*

Thanks :) Will be bringing it for some test runs tomorrow evening.... Just barely scratched the surface of the thick manual....

*Still fascinated by the bokeh :bsmilie: :sweat:*

Yeah... bokeh with the right lens is awesome! :thumbsup:

Give the 85L a try. It is probably one of the best lens for 5D III (IMHO), and the bokeh is really awesome!

Yeah... bokeh with the right lens is awesome! :thumbsup:

The firmware upgrade announced by Canon for the 5D3 should be ready for downloading by the end of April (according to Canon Rumours).

The hahnel and canon one are just a lil too ex for my liking.

Will consider phottix I suppose. Anyone tried the eBay intervalnometer?

My first outing with my new baby....

DXO has produced a very interesting article on Canon 5D3's over-all sharpness by testing 85 lenses. Surprisingly, the test shows that the redesigned architecture of the 5D3 sensor allows it to be 15% sharper than its older sibling the 5D2. The test also shows that two of the best lenses for the 5D3 are the Sigma 85 f/1.4 and Sigma 35 f/1.4.

Here is a quote from DXO:

"Although the Canon EOS 5D Mark III has a different sensor with a slightly increased pixel count of 22.3 Mpix, against the EOS 5D Mk II’s 21.03 Mpix, the new Mark III can boast an average increase in Sharpness (P-MPix) of 15% over the earlier Mark II model (based on the measurement data from the 85 lenses tested)."

This link brings you to the original article:

DXO: Which Lenses Should You Choose for Your Canon 5D Mark III?

Interesting. I hope they do a similar test for the 6D sensor too.

Nice... I can almost hear her singing!
Nice shot ;)

Did a few more test shoots over the weekend.. more on the AF system.

I regret not spending more time reading the manual.. and therefore was wasting alot of shots fiddling with the AF controls and modes...

Ice Skating Competition @ JCube

^ 100% crop :sweat: Shot this morning at Bedok Reservoir

The AF system of this beast is amazing....

Last edited:
Very nice shot.. Did you use its Ai servo?

Yes, AI servo for the moving action stuffs. Really loved the focusing... Light years ahead of my 500D.

Status
Not open for further replies.