OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious, how the lens release button easily depress? even if you press it, your lens need to turn in order to remove. i feel it not that easy.

just curious, how the lens release button easily depress? even if you press it, your lens need to turn in order to remove. i feel it not that easy.

Depress first then with time the lens will rotate and fall off.

By the design of the lens release button, *I'm not sure about earlier 5d series* this button is aprox 30% larger than my 500D. This may attribute to the reason why lesser force is required to press it. *If by "feel" and comparing my entry 500D and 5D3, I would say that it will take 20-30% lesser force to depress the button.*

I encountered this problem while side slinging it. Using this side sling, my lens is pointing backwards. I believe it may be my belt that hit the button and with some "devil force" at work, the the lens turned slightly and therefore the button did not lock it back. Not sure if changing to a neck sling will solve the problem...

*I've been using the same sling for more ~1.5 yr, I never had this issue about the accidental lens release on my 500D.* Now I'm waiting for my Camdapter sling to arrive to find out if this issue will happen or not. But for now, I should only be neck slinging this camera. Camdapter will ensure that your lens is pointing downwards, not backwards...

I've never had this issue while wearing the camera around my neck.

Nevertheless, it is a heads up to check from time to time and make sure the camera/lens is secure.

Firmware 1.2.1 now available for download.

List of improvements:

1. Uncompressed HDMI output is now enabled.
  2. Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with Canon EF lens/extender combinations whose combined maximum aperture is f/8.
  3. Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
  4. Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may freeze and display Err 70 or Err 80 when a still photo is taken during Live View or in movie shooting mode.
  5. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur when the continuous shooting priority setting is enabled for multiple exposures, such that, after the sixth image is taken, there is a slight pause before the remainder of the sequence is completed.
  6. Fixes a phenomenon in which the viewfinder display shows incorrect information during AEB shooting.
  7. Communication with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter has been improved.
  8. When images have been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “O” will be displayed. When images have not been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “X” will be displayed.
  9. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function properly when an Eye-Fi card is used.
  10. Fixes a phenomenon in which the focal length value listed in the Exif information is not displayed correctly for images shot with the EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM lens.
  11. Fixes a phenomenon in which the lens firmware cannot be updated properly.
  12. Corrects errors in the Arabic language menu.
  13. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera changes the AF microadjustment value to -8.
  14. Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Setting the ISO Speed Range for Auto ISO” option.

I just saw a firmware update, is it a must to do that.
Fyi, I bought my 5d mk 3 just 2 days ago.

I've yet to update the firmware... and I can live without the update, since those improvements don't really affect me. May update when I feel like it.

It is not a must to do the update unless there is something that you need in which your current firmware is incapable.

Many people will upgrade regardless of the update just to keep current but it is really up to you.

Thank you for the information. I just upgrade my firmware, will be trying the camera this coming weekend.

Sharing a shot recently and must admit the 5DMKIII's Iso is truly amazing.

ISO6400 1/60sec f5.0 50mm on manual

Last edited:
the iso is pretty good. sometimes i use mine with 17-40 F4 lens on low light and pump up the iso. so long as it doesn't go more than 10,000, it is fine. small print is ok , unless you are those ppl who cannot stand even a small little noise.

Hi guys,

I need help on the setting on my memory slot.
Recently just got a CF card.
I planning to use SD card to take picture and CF card to take video.
May I know how to do this setting?
Thank You in advance.

Regards,
Jonathan

Hi guys,

Thank You in advance.

Regards,
Jonathan

Go read your manual. That's what it's there for. If it cannot be found, it means that you can't do it.

Hi guys,

Thank You in advance.

Regards,
Jonathan

Unfortunately I do not think that it is possible with the current firmware of the 5D3. It would be nice if Canon could implement this as a new feature in a future firmware upgrade.

Finally can join this thread/5d3 community. Just got the body last night from John. got it a quite a relative low price. ;) now is exploring time.

Finally can join this thread/5d3 community. Just got the body last night from John. got it a quite a relative low price. ;) now is exploring time.

Congratulations!

Let us know what you think after you've had some time to explore.

How much did you get your new toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.