Official 5D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting in with my mirror issue fixed by CSC after i got it from BnS at a bargain for a FF camera.

I bought the 5D and also just got a 24-70 and i'm loving them! Though i sold my 85 1.8 after getting the 5D...the 2.8 is more than enough for those blurry, creamy bokeHz..

The manual ISO keeps me alert and working everytime i take a picture...good way to enjoy the photo-taking process/experience...No short cut allowed...

genegoh said:
There's no recall. Canon simply reinforces the mirror for free.

What do you mean? Mean canon will change a new mirror for free?

Sorry man, new to 5D. I intend to send mine for shutter count check as I got mine second hand too.

Silas said:
Reporting in with my mirror issue fixed by CSC after i got it from BnS at a bargain for a FF camera.

I bought the 5D and also just got a 24-70 and i'm loving them! Though i sold my 85 1.8 after getting the 5D...the 2.8 is more than enough for those blurry, creamy bokeHz..

The manual ISO keeps me alert and working everytime i take a picture...good way to enjoy the photo-taking process/experience...No short cut allowed...

Haha nice! I was thinking whether to get the 24-70mm or the 24-105mm :) can't decide!

Sorry man, new to 5D. I intend to send mine for shutter count check as I got mine second hand too.

Since you are doing shutter check, I think they will change for you if they found that it has not been replaced yet. So just ask the counter staff when you are there. It's FOC.

They reinforce the mirror lor

zurichdo said:
Since you are doing shutter check, I think they will change for you if they found that it has not been replaced yet. So just ask the counter staff when you are there. It's FOC.

Hehe! Thanks zurichdo! Did ur 5D went through shutter check? I wanna know roughy how much are we charge for that.

What is the max shutter count? 50K?

Jazzmint90 said:
Hehe! Thanks zurichdo! Did ur 5D went through shutter check? I wanna know roughy how much are we charge for that.

The max for 5D is stated at 100k.

Recently went to Canon for shutter count check. They said it's rated at 150,000 shots!
Shutter count check is priced at $21.40 inclusive of GST.

genegoh said:
Recently went to Canon for shutter count check. They said it's rated at 150,000 shots!

Omg thanks! I asked many time, no one seem to know! :) great!

Hopefully I dun need to change it! Cause I scare my 5D would die on me while I go on a trip. :X

Jazzmint90 said:
Oh I see. Well thanks snoweagle! That's a far more well explained answer! :p

Haha yeah, I knew it when I saw the receipt and in addition, the technician there also explained to me.

Omg thanks! I asked many time, no one seem to know! :) great!

Hopefully I dun need to change it! Cause I scare my 5D would die on me while I go on a trip. :X

Haha....maybe never see your post last time, that's why never answer :bsmilie:

Yup $21.40 nett.

I am lucky that my shutter is still only around 30k.

If yours is below 50k I think should not have any worries lah. Just concentrate on taking more nice sceneries and pictures and do share with us when you are back :)

You never tape-record it down :bsmilie:?

I believe it is only 100k. Not 150k.

Anyway, given most hobbyist shooting style, assuming you take 1000 pictures per week, it can still last you a long long way. I believe mine can still serve me for at least 5-6 years base on my shooting style, unless sensor or other electronic parts fails.

zurichdo said:
You never tape-record it down :bsmilie:?

I believe it is only 100k. Not 150k.

Anyway, given most hobbyist shooting style, assuming you take 1000 pictures per week, it can still last you a long long way. I believe mine can still serve me for at least 5-6 years base on my shooting style, unless sensor or other electronic parts fails.

Haha! Drill beat into my brain, 21.40 NETT, inclusive of GST!

Oh btw, how long will it take? Isit like a few hours? Or must wait for days?!

yeah, going down to CSC soon! First timer! Wanna make sure everything okay then go for my Europe trip!

:) thanks people! Helpful and kind souls floating around Clubsnap.

The most amazing DSLR I ever used and sadly I sold it recently. The camera was in tip-top condition with shutter count at 10545. When I browse through this thread, it saddens me to think of my "Grand Old Lady". If you guys are fond of old manual lenses, this is the best there is to take you back to the good old days.

5D with OM 50f1.4 ( Sorry this was taken by my older 40D with Mamiya sekor 55f1.4)

5315437080_2be54c4893_b.jpg

This one was shot with 5D and OM 50f1.4

4985919143_835f62e466_b.jpg

Last edited:
Haha! Drill beat into my brain, 21.40 NETT, inclusive of GST!

Oh btw, how long will it take? Isit like a few hours? Or must wait for days?!

yeah, going down to CSC soon! First timer! Wanna make sure everything okay then go for my Europe trip!

:) thanks people! Helpful and kind souls floating around Clubsnap.

It will take 1 hour, so in the meantime, can go over to Canon showroom in Vivo and get yourself poisoned :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.