Official 5D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzmint90

Sep 19, 2010
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Now it's time to welcome the classic 5D, the camera that never say die! Old technology yet, amazing!

Peeps who are using this classic 5D, feel free to discuss and post your amazing shots with this hidden treasure! *wink*

Lets go! :)

:cheers:

Reporting in and subscribed.

Yep, the 5D classic is a real gem! Most value for money 2nd hand Full Frame camera now!

The magical thing about this camera IMO, is the difference between looking at the picture at the LCD screen vs Picture uploaded into PC. :)

1 thing that I wished it had, is the 2s timer. Other than that it is perfect to me. I don't miss the newer cameras at all. In fact I sold my crop sensor cameras which I bought thinking of replacing this old lady, but I just can't get the "feel" in those newer cameras. :D

zurichdo said:
The magical thing about this camera IMO, is the difference between looking at the picture at the LCD screen vs Picture uploaded into PC. :)

1 thing that I wished it had, is the 2s timer. Other than that it is perfect to me. I don't miss the newer cameras at all. In fact I sold my crop sensor cameras which I bought thinking of replacing this old lady, but I just can't get the "feel" in those newer cameras. :D

Thumbs up!!

Haha that will train us to make sure our setting are alright!

Practice make perfect!

Cause what we see on the screen is deceiving! U get in return a big surprise by looking at the photos displayed on the com!

Ok to start off a discussion, I just want to seek some feedback from fellow 5Dc users.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157746&page=65

For post #967, is it possible to get the "photoshopped" result using just the DPP? Or must we buy the Adobe PS or LR then can achieve that kind of post processing? I don't quite understand his reply in #970.

There are quite a few photos in my arsenal that I want to convert to that kind of result in PP.

1209579214_qZM5V-L-1.jpg

Wide angle shot with my 5D

And a portrait shot with my 5D

1204276392_4GQyA-L-4.jpg

Ok to start off a discussion, I just want to seek some feedback from fellow 5Dc users.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157746&page=65

For post #967, is it possible to get the "photoshopped" result using just the DPP? Or must we buy the Adobe PS or LR then can achieve that kind of post processing? I don't quite understand his reply in #970.

There are quite a few photos in my arsenal that I want to convert to that kind of result in PP.

Sorry din realise that picture can only be seen by registered users.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wefwef/4419927871/

This is another example of the kind of effect I am looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to learning more about this classic camera!

5d is gawdlyyyyy

street

mg8546.jpg

portrait

mg0686.jpg

excellent low light performance too wohooooo

mg0276mkii.jpg

signing in with:

5259717442_e61998ff0b_b.jpg

New York Public Library
14mm mk 2 on 5D, 1/60s f2.8 ISO800

5295447173_b21fd2fa69_b.jpg

Broadway
14mm mk 2 on 5D, 1/320s f2.8 ISO800

5241844210_d173ac9f65_b.jpg

Columbia University
17-40mm at 31mm on 5D, 1/125s, f9, ISO50

mm wow. long over due thread

5011676222_5c4be18a1b_b.jpg

I think that is a lens mug :bsmilie:

Got the 5D only towards the end of its production, just a few months before the 5dmkII came out.
Although I also have the 5DmkII, the good 'ol 5D still remains as my main camera. No regrets whatsoever.

Awesome camera and still highly recommended!

P.S. Do give a check to ensure the mirror problem has been fixed by Canon for your camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.