Official 5D Mark II User Thread [PART II]

Last edited:
raydio said:
Hmmm... don't know if I'd buy a camera with such a high shutter count. More than half of its rated shutter durability already spent. I guess my cameras will eventually get to that point too.

Higher shutter count meant higher usage = more wear and tear.

Be patient. There are some who selling with low usage. Just need to wait.

all the 5D2 users gone? :embrass:

Maybe many are busy selling and getting the new 5DIII.

I find it to fulfil almost every aspect of the way I shoot. Except perhaps the dynamic range could have been better.

Sharing some older shots, keeping things alive. Mix matched with old Mamiya lenses

3229131806_8f0ecf3556_z.jpg

3229933185_ea9a2cdb3f_z.jpg

Ryan

giantcanopy said:
Maybe many are busy selling and getting the new 5DIII.

I find it to fulfil almost every aspect of the way I shoot. Except perhaps the dynamic range could have been better.

Sharing some older shots, keeping things alive. Mix matched with old Mamiya lenses

Ryan

Fantastic shots!!! What adaptor didu use?

Fantastic shots!!! What adaptor didu use?

Hi it was with a Mirex T/S adapter. Unfortunately it broke during my trip to Iceland some time back.

Sharing another old shot done with a then new MkII, Mirex adapter + a Mamiya FE, at a time when I was still motivated to wake up early before sunrise.

3467252291_39ccb87006_o.jpg

I got offer at 1800, somemore with BG-06 original. but the SC pretty high.. I can't say no :D
I dun understand why ppl really concern about SC? I checked with canon, it less than $200 to replace new shutter..

1) Because some people won't even use half of that 80k count before changing model or before the next model (in this case, 5D4) is being announced/released. So no point for them to pay for a new shutter in case it dies half way. People don't want the shutter to die in the middle of an important job, while they are travelling, while they want to shoot an event or anything.

2) Because they don't want to go down to CSC and pay to change shutter and wait. Why not I pay $2,000 (after factoring cost of shutter replacement) for a lower SC model?

1) Because some people won't even use half of that 80k count before changing model or before the next model (in this case, 5D4) is being announced/released. So no point for them to pay for a new shutter in case it dies half way. People don't want the shutter to die in the middle of an important job, while they are travelling, while they want to shoot an event or anything.

2) Because they don't want to go down to CSC and pay to change shutter and wait. Why not I pay $2,000 (after factoring cost of shutter replacement) for a lower SC model?

My thinking was, if I go down to CSC and change the shutter, my total cost would be $2k max, with BG consider still cheap.
right now, I couldn't find that price anywhere online or offline.
And I'm just a weekend shutter, not a freelancer or even serious photographer, so I can say it'll last like 2yrs before I change the shutter..

But thanks for the opinion BTW, appreciate it, for my input

Last edited:
i thought change shutter 300+ where gt 200

hi guys, just recently got mkii

hope to learn more from here :)

Hello da jia hao. I just jumped onto the 5dm2 bandwagon yesterday. Now my siggy 50 has a soulmate. :)

However i wanna seek for advice thou. This is a 2 y.o. model and i've checked that its in good condition. However, I feel like sending it for regular servicing at CSC just in case anything that cant be seen from the naked eye cause me problems. (im referring to circuitry issues). Do they run checks on that though?

Hello da jia hao. I just jumped onto the 5dm2 bandwagon yesterday. Now my siggy 50 has a soulmate. :)

However i wanna seek for advice thou. This is a 2 y.o. model and i've checked that its in good condition. However, I feel like sending it for regular servicing at CSC just in case anything that cant be seen from the naked eye cause me problems. (im referring to circuitry issues). Do they run checks on that though?

if it ain't spoil, no fix is required.

most people wouldn't recommend that you get your body opened up unnecessary. the camera is produced in a precision environment, and we don't think Canon CSC's labs and depots are as good as the factories in Japan..

avsquare said:
if it ain't spoil, no fix is required.

most people wouldn't recommend that you get your body opened up unnecessary. the camera is produced in a precision environment, and we don't think Canon CSC's labs and depots are as good as the factories in Japan..

Agree with Bro avsquare. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Have fun with the camera! :)

Recently got mk2 of bns loving the camera so much
Since its a big jump from 1000d to mk2

Hope to learn more here:)