Official 5D Mark II User Thread [PART II]

5d2 can't take great pics..... No offence, I wonder if those switch to 5d3 can produce better pics....

The truth I feel is that those who snatch 5D3 are equipment fanatics....

ITT: Sarcasm and those who cannot detect it.

Josephchlee said:
Have been shooting birds with 60D and 70-200 IS Plus EC1.4, now with 5D3 and 24-105,70-200,EC1.4, I could not find a suitable super telephoto lens suitable without breaking my back. Never like to carry a tripod as I travel frequently and love birds, max on my bag is 4 kg. Bro please give your opinion. Perhaps I should learn how to carry a monopod. Not selling my 60D for the moment.

Think for birding 70-200 is not enough on the 5Diii Bro. I always go birding with my wife who is a bird lover (aka. Fanatic) and tried to take birds with my 70-200 and 1.4x TC. Failed miserably most of the time. Think a 7D will be more suitable or your 60D as well. I think 5Diii is really not for birding.

Anyway, I can be your buyer should you decide to offload your 5Diii *big grin* :p

JohnJon82 said:
Oh no, really? I planning to buy a 2nd hand 5DII. Now it can't take great photos anymore... Time to save again for 5DIII.

5Dii take beautiful pics bro! Try it!

Think for birding 70-200 is not enough on the 5Diii Bro. I always go birding with my wife who is a bird lover (aka. Fanatic) and tried to take birds with my 70-200 and 1.4x TC. Failed miserably most of the time. Think a 7D will be more suitable or your 60D as well. I think 5Diii is really not for birding.

I can attest that anything less than 400mm on FF is not sufficient for birding. Erm in fact, 400mm is still a little short :p

5Dii take beautiful pics bro! Try it!

I know I know :bsmilie: Should be good enough for me. My 17-40 complaint everyday, now refuse to go out of the dry cabinet and go on strike demanding his intended status of UWA instead of standard zoom on crop body.

Too bad your 5DII sold, saw it last few weeks, want to PM you but gone.

Just walked ard pulau ubin for 6 hours with mkii and sigma 50mm just love what this camera can do:)

JohnJon82 said:
I know I know :bsmilie: Should be good enough for me. My 17-40 complaint everyday, now refuse to go out of the dry cabinet and go on strike demanding his intended status of UWA instead of standard zoom on crop body.

Too bad your 5DII sold, saw it last few weeks, want to PM you but gone.

Hehe... You missed a good deal man! :)

zurichdo said:
I can attest that anything less than 400mm on FF is not sufficient for birding. Erm in fact, 400mm is still a little short :p

I totally agree!

beevian said:
Just walked ard pulau ubin for 6 hours with mkii and sigma 50mm just love what this camera can do:)

you got yourself a great combi bro!

I'd like to think that it is a camera you are refering to.

I am referring to the camera of course.... but of course, it also depend on the "subject"..... ahmem..... :bsmilie:

Children parties, I shoot with Canon XXXD series....

SYT, Cosplay, I shoot with XXD series......

Movies star, I shoot with Canon XD series....

Last edited:
So true... U should hack the 400d so that u have spot metering and iso 3200. I used it with good result.

Can hack meh??? I seldom do software hack..... mmmm....... can teach???? :think:

Hehe, now camping at BNS for good deals.

With your lens, you are in good company..... Maybe wait a month plus latter when shops have 5D3... and 5D2 price surely will nosedived more....

But just remember to BUY.... lol.....

Halfmoon said:
Can hack meh??? I seldom do software hack..... mmmm....... can teach???? :think:

Chk this out. 40d and 400d uses the same digic processor. Canon disable the features on the lower model. Follow this to 'unlock' it.

http://code.google.com/p/400plus/

Mmm... so you shoot bird too... maybe should go and get a 400mm???? :thumbsup:

5dii grey set nw 2500:x

Interesting. Can tell where? Thanks!!

I think u go mass sales area in this forum can find grey new at that price.