Occupation and outlook on life

Do u think ur career will have an impact on how u view things?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After plenty of schooling Ah Kiat considered a career in investment banking (in S'pore some more)...luckily I ended up lecturing in a university. What a life man! Good pay for the amount of bludging that I do hehe. Gives me more time to appreciate the little things in life lah, and my gf is just glad that I'm not working 24/7. On hindsight I'm glad I didn't end up a banker because passing on my kiasu knowledge to my students is ultimately very rewarding lah.

Alot of people don't believe me when I say that I learn from students as much as they learn from me. The amount of creativism, innovation plus some degree of recklessness in the students show that one can learn alot from them if one's willing to listen (so what if they're younger). I take the same view in life as well as photography lah - to me everyone's my teacher.

I'm constantly reminded of this quote that I saw somewhere. It's like the turtle in the well story. It goes like this:

"O God, Thy sea is so big but my boat is so small."

Ah Kiat, enjoy your wonderful life in Aust. There are more opportunities over there.

:thumbsup:

it is not occupation, it is more than that; health, social life and personal management.

i had a fren who once earned 5 digits every month, but no time to enjoy his big car, luxurious condo etc...and yet he often boost his positive view on life becos of his great career...guess what ? his wife had a secret affair with someone.. becos her husband was not at home but busy working in office on weekends.

thru his downfall, i came to learn that outlook of life is not impacted by type of occupation.
:sweat:
But its a contributing factor in a sense right?

today hor, i just talk to 1 person who do auditing... he gimme alot of funny analogy when i ask him a super straight forward question... can tell me about the weather's PSI, then bird's eye view lah, clouds and the trees, then they only see from top, dunno what is going on lah...

i think he might have something to do with the haze... cos he was trying to smoke me from the moment i enter his office.

i wonder if my lecturer who taught me in degree must have either over taught us on the role of an au*beep*tor... or this guy trying to make me confused... either way, i still did not get the answer...

now then i see your reply...hahaha

this person jus trying to do small talk lah. take it easy.... hes trying to get into your good books mah..

better than someone who said my toes are even just to try to make small talk with me. you more heng than me liao.

After dealing with customers every day, I know why I don't go out much :bsmilie:

I was bought up into electronics. My dad had an electronics business and it was my natural hobby.
But, I ended up working in electronics and after time I did not have the same motivation for my hobby.

Electronics day in day out :angry: .

Photography is my hobby. But for the past 4 years my job is selling cameras.

I am loosing interest in photography because it is all I deal with day in day out.:cry:

I need a new job that involves neither electronics/photography/customers, so that I can enjoy myself with those hobbies again, when I have time off. :cool:

Hahaha.... I can understand how u feel. :bsmilie: Been having hands on computers since 11yrs old that currently holding an IT job, some ppl tell me its a 'dream come true' for me.

Hmm.... I guess this is the reason why I took up photography, to get away from plain technicalities I guess. :think:

Probably u can start examining photography frm a different angle my friend? I believe u shld know it more than me given ur experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.