Occupation and outlook on life

Do u think ur career will have an impact on how u view things?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Do u guys feel that ur choice of career (even if u're unemployed) would have an impact and influence on how u view current affairs and other things in life (including personal opinions)? :)

yes... i believe everybody even brought up together with the same characteristics will have a different feel to each & every event that takes place... and every body see things from different angles, hence we tend to make our own deductions based on the angle we view them from, and most likely will be advantageous to each individual.

Yes, after about 8 years in IT, all my friends (except those in IT) commented that my thinking is weird. :cry:

togu said:
Yes, after about 8 years in IT, all my friends (except those in IT) commented that my thinking is weird. :cry:

I'm also in IT and sometimes I over-analyze things. Trying to quit IT and shift to photography and start appreciating the superficial side of things. :D

No, no! The view one has over the general world has strong influence over his/her career, not vice versa.

Hmm.... My perception of the world changed entirely after I started working.... :(

Yes, IT type characters look at pictures differently.

togu said:

Yeah, I observed that too amongst few of my IT frens. :think:

togu said:
Haha me too. Have been in IT for more than 10 years. I am so IT oriented that now I even reboot my camera :bsmilie: . Frankly I wish I can give up IT. Enough of stress for me.

I'm also in IT, wanna get out of it and do something else (apart from photography).

espn said:
I'm also in IT, wanna get out of it and do something else (apart from photography).

Like find a job in GL?? :devil:

You can surf CS while waiting for clients... ;p

jbma said:
Haha me too. Have been in IT for more than 10 years. I am so IT oriented that now I even reboot my camera :bsmilie: . Frankly I wish I can give up IT. Enough of stress for me.

Heh, we can start a poll "How many IT slaves here want to change their profession" or something...

* togu raise his hands, legs, and d***....

My world view has integrated with aspects of life that i picked up over the course of work. It further changed when i started pursuing a degree. Everything I learned has the potential to change how i view things in life.

For example, I'm an easy going person by nature. So I'm not a hard ass at work. But i am stubborn as well, and my work has taught me that sometimes talking things over is much better than forcing your views across. My occupation also opens my eyes to many things I never knew existed in the world. All the suffering, anguish and problems that people have are suddenly opened up like a big oozing sore. It's hard not to change after that. One wld have to be robot.

Then I started doing a degree in psychology... that also gave me more valuable insights into the spice of life, especially how and why people behave the way they do. I make more allowances for people these days.

togu said:
Like find a job in GL?? :devil:

You can surf CS while waiting for clients... ;p

Seems like everyone wants to give up on IT... oh well, me too... :bsmilie:

togu said:
Heh, we can start a poll "How many IT slaves here want to change their profession" or something...

* togu raise his hands, legs, and d***....

no need to poll, the answer is obvious :(

i am in IT too ...

sweeper said:

i am in IT too ...
Hmm... My outlook and perception of this world changed entirely after work.

Seems that this world's heading a straight road for disaster. I'll prolly jump in joy the day I see Planet Earth vanish frm da Solar System. :)

sweeper said:

i am in IT too ...

In IT, to be successful you become team leader, then project manager, then IT manager... the reason you went to IT is the love of programming but success keeps you away from it.

jsbn said:
Seems that this world's heading a straight road for disaster. I'll prolly jump in joy the day I see Planet Earth vanish frm da Solar System. :)

Umm... how and where will you jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.