[Numnumball] ClarkeQuay/Art Bridge revisited - Great light before the rain 05 Jun 10

Wah. Means time is everything. Admire your shoots and the will to get up so early -> This is important :D

Thanks for sharing this series.
Anymore?

Regards,
R

Yup.. Sry... tats all i have for tt day :sweatsm:

Aha!! Ok. here goes.

Like I mentioned to you this morning, I still think the sky in the 1st few photos are a tad too saturated. I was quite surorised that you told me it was more or less straight out from the D700. I did not detect much barrel distortion at 16mm. Your corrected it?

For the Clarke Quay photos, I would have frowned on the colours usually but looking at it in a series is quite ok actually. The blending has an unnatural quality if you treat these as photos. They look more like paintings really and is much better then those overdone haloing HDRs we've been fed for god knows how long. You have this thing for mirror-like reflections which I think really differentiate your photos from the rest. It worked well.

I'd prefer to remain neutral for this series and no, I'm not sayint this because I know you personally.

Great series!:thumbsup:

Aha!! Ok. here goes.

Like I mentioned to you this morning, I still think the sky in the 1st few photos are a tad too saturated. I was quite surorised that you told me it was more or less straight out from the D700. I did not detect much barrel distortion at 16mm. Your corrected it?

Thanks Kit.. Seriously its all taken in Cam ( Took Raw + JPEG with Sat levels +2 for Vivid Pic control) End up using the JPEGS because i simply love the colors. Yup i did all my correction~

For the Clarke Quay photos, I would have frowned on the colours usually but looking at it in a series is quite ok actually. The blending has an unnatural quality if you treat these as photos. They look more like paintings really and is much better then those overdone haloing HDRs we've been fed for god knows how long. You have this thing for mirror-like reflections which I think really differentiate your photos from the rest. It worked well.

I'd prefer to remain neutral for this series and no, I'm not sayint this because I know you personally.

Thks "Sifu" for ur kind words and encouragement.. Its helps alot.. :lovegrin:

All Clarke Quay Pics are taken and pp via DRI and layer masking..(apart from the pano)
Think got to revisit my techniques and approach in this to reduce the saturation levels.. :sweatsm:

I love Vivid and vibrant colors but lack self control.. These i will touch up on again.. :)

Last edited:
i like no.2 & 3, nice and lively colors...very good shot bro...:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)