[Numnumball] ClarkeQuay/Art Bridge revisited - Great light before the rain 05 Jun 10

Numnumball

Mar 6, 2009
Central
Hiya folks,

Thought there will be great light this dawn after the rain the night before (which is normally the case) and the effort to pull myself out of bed at 0600 hrs kinda paid off.. WAter in the river leading from Robertson Quay to Clarke Quay was very clam and wind was kept to a minimum and surprisingly the river was not that polluted compared to what it was like few weeks back when i was there. Light was indeed great from 640hrs onwards till overcast at ard 0800 hrs ( which is also the time which i quickly packed and scurried for cover as drizzle of rain starting pouring in. :sweat:)

Sharing with all shots took this morning in this wonderful community.

Mostly Digital Blended/DRI'ed with minimal processing after (Mostly Distortion Correction/Mild sharpening and Color Enhancement)

All comments and critiques for me to improve further are most welcome

Thanks for viewing guys~~!!

Have a Great Weekend!! :cheers:

Cheers~!!

All with D700/16-35VRF4

1. Taken ard 0635 hrs - Great chance to shoot low angle with calm waters, use of black card to dodge off the glaring light intensity coming from the street lights on the right but not optimally minimised.. :sweatsm:)

EXIF : Base ISO|16mm|f/16|13s|+0.3EV

4670988736_ae5708fb8b_b.jpg

2. Showcasing the Art Bridge unique structure, corrected for perspective distortion @ 0640 hrs (love the leading lines and great depth in this framing though a further 1/4 foreground revelation will be most ideal but hack..lolz)

EXIF : Base ISO|16mm|f/18|10s|+0.3EV

4670985324_c983352061_b.jpg

Last edited:
3. Showcasing the Art Bridge unique structure - alternate view further in, corrected for perspective distortion @ 0645 hrs (an expanded view which further enhanced the leading lines with highlights details mainly retained in the bridge)

4670356255_327ba29abc_b.jpg

EXIF : Base ISO|16mm|f/18|10s|0EV​

nice images, love the colors.
btw clarke quay got this bridge? HAHA

4. Okie, after i had done with the bridge, i hassled my ass fast to Clarke Quay as the gold light start to surface..
@ 0655hrs, i took this shot! Balancing elements of Riverboats, Riverside Point Clarke Quay and Central as the main focal points.. Great Light from here onwards.. :) A GND 0.6Soft is used for this

EXIF : Base ISO|16mm|f16|6s|-1EV

4670374917_f97dcfe174_b.jpg

5. After Shot 4, i moved on to the right towards Riverside point, found a low angle shooting spot and took this!

@ 0700hrs : ND8 used for this.. The reflection was what you see on the actual scene (NO replicating in PS~! :lovegrin:) Loved it... :heart:

EXIF : Base ISO|16mm|f16|Variable Shutter duration|Digital Blended

4670371561_d68cd3fd45_b.jpg

6. After Shot 5, i picture this frame and compose and whacked~!

@ ard 0705hrs : ND8 used for this.. The colorful riverboats made a very interesting foreground interest and thought of centralizing the central building with reflection smacked in the middle of the frame with other focal points emcompassing it..
Creating multiple interest viewing points..

EXIF : Base ISO|16mm|f16|Variable Shutter duration|Digital Blended

4670368991_419a7a5c35_b.jpg

7. Following 6, found a great opportunity to pano before the light start to distinguish... Here goes.. :lovegrin:

EXIF : Base ISO|24mm|f18|2.5s|Single shot exposure|0EV

4671007504_96ffb06c9f_b.jpg

8. Final Submission for this thread.. An unprecedented shooting position for me for this shot..

The water still very very calm at around 0725 hrs

EXIF : Base ISO|16mm|f16|Variable Shutter duration|DRI'ed

4670365147_7bfbbf8d87_b.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Tats all folks, got to rush out for lunch, wife naggin already.. :sweat: ciao~​

Nice photos bro :thumbsup:
I prefer the single exposure shots :)

nice shots! esp no.5! feel so inferior just by looking at ur pics:sweat:

Nice shot!!! i like the pano shot.
why the sky of 1 , 2 and 3 so blue??

nice images, love the colors.
btw clarke quay got this bridge? HAHA

Tks msn, replyin u frm my iPhone... Heee..
No la, art bridge is at roberson quay which is besides Clarke quay..
Dun be misled by my thread title, Clarke quay slash art bridge Mah:sweatsm:

Awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Outstanding shots all of them!!!:thumbsup:

the reflections super cool... au naturel.. best

Nice :thumbsup:
Hm... Am I suppose to buy 16-35 :lovegrin: