Latest News as of 31st May 2003, 12:01am
Interested photographers please take note - due to unforseen circumstances, the organizers have decided not to engage us for photography. Apologies for all inconveniences caused.
NTU National Vertical Marathon, 1st June 2003
URL - http://www.ntu.edu.sg/studorgn/sports/events/nvm2003.html
National Vertical Marathon Shooters List
3. taicw (morning only)
4. Mr Fish (morning only)
1st June 2003, Suntec City Tower 4
0730 - 1700 hrs (best to reach by 7am - kiasu, you know? )
Calling in 4 more photographers - digital photographers are highly prioritized over film - I assume there will be no film provided, hence the strong preference for solely digital. I *may* extend to 4/5 digi-photographers - it helps if you have an online portfolio of your works. For those who have not worked with me before, you can PM me your URL for your online portfolio, I'll let you know if you're in or not.
All photogs will be issued "media passes" so that we can have free access to the event area. Those who are not issued passes will not be able to go into the stairwell to take photos of the action (although by 10+ storeys you don't really expect people to run like the wind UPSTAIRS ).
Photographers who are NTU students can claim 4 ECA points for this coverage. Hence I personally encourage NTU digishooters to volunteer if you can.
If you can't afford practically the whole day there, it's understandable - it's the effort that counts
Conditions are modelled after Dagger's and with a massive dose of my own modifications here and there - At current, the general agreement with the organisers are as follows, it is yet to be further finalised :
1. Photographers hold their copyrights
2. Organisers are using our pictures
3. CS should be able to sell their photos to interested buyer(s). To be confirmed.
4. Zero payment for members involved.
5. May be requested to transfer copyright to sponsors, for pictures with their logos. Most likely they'll only use the photos once-off, and wouldn't need to take over the copyright anyway.
6. Photographers can be credited via name online. Individual credits takes too much effort, so better than none. See http://www.ntu.edu.sg/studorgn/sports/photos/sns2003.html for example of previous CS coverage.
7. Storage space: If you run out of storage, you should be able to download your pics to a notebook computer with the organizers - thus freeing your memory for further shooting. Arrangements can be made later.