Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com

Latest News as of 31st May 2003, 12:01am

Interested photographers please take note - due to unforseen circumstances, the organizers have decided not to engage us for photography. Apologies for all inconveniences caused.

NTU National Vertical Marathon, 1st June 2003
URL - http://www.ntu.edu.sg/studorgn/sports/events/nvm2003.html

National Vertical Marathon Shooters List
1. eug
2. MoriMori
3. taicw (morning only)
4. Mr Fish (morning only)

1st June 2003, Suntec City Tower 4
0730 - 1700 hrs (best to reach by 7am - kiasu, you know? ;) )

Calling in 4 more photographers - digital photographers are highly prioritized over film - I assume there will be no film provided, hence the strong preference for solely digital. I *may* extend to 4/5 digi-photographers - it helps if you have an online portfolio of your works. For those who have not worked with me before, you can PM me your URL for your online portfolio, I'll let you know if you're in or not.

All photogs will be issued "media passes" so that we can have free access to the event area. Those who are not issued passes will not be able to go into the stairwell to take photos of the action (although by 10+ storeys you don't really expect people to run like the wind UPSTAIRS :D).

Photographers who are NTU students can claim 4 ECA points for this coverage. Hence I personally encourage NTU digishooters to volunteer if you can.

If you can't afford practically the whole day there, it's understandable - it's the effort that counts :)

Conditions are modelled after Dagger's and with a massive dose of my own modifications here and there - At current, the general agreement with the organisers are as follows, it is yet to be further finalised :
1. Photographers hold their copyrights
2. Organisers are using our pictures
3. CS should be able to sell their photos to interested buyer(s). To be confirmed.
4. Zero payment for members involved.
5. May be requested to transfer copyright to sponsors, for pictures with their logos. Most likely they'll only use the photos once-off, and wouldn't need to take over the copyright anyway.
6. Photographers can be credited via name online. Individual credits takes too much effort, so better than none. :D See http://www.ntu.edu.sg/studorgn/sports/photos/sns2003.html for example of previous CS coverage.
7. Storage space: If you run out of storage, you should be able to download your pics to a notebook computer with the organizers - thus freeing your memory for further shooting. Arrangements can be made later.

I'm free, but I don't have a digital camera.

you're welcome, mervlam, but we're working with the assumption that at max, we'll only have 5 reels of film this time. but to play safe, i'll say we'll have no film provided - have to cover my own backside, if you know what i mean... ;)

or lagi best, shoot using your own film, then ask the sports comm to develop for you at about 12 to 15 per reel? :D

afiend, you've read my mind again! but erm... i've misplaced your number... can pm me? :embrass:

Originally posted by sehsuan
you're welcome, mervlam, but we're working with the assumption that at max, we'll only have 5 reels of film this time. but to play safe, i'll say we'll have no film provided - have to cover my own backside, if you know what i mean... ;)

or lagi best, shoot using your own film, then ask the sports comm to develop for you at about 12 to 15 per reel? :D

afiend, you've read my mind again! but erm... i've misplaced your number... can pm me? :embrass:

i can even provide receipt if you want.

that's not what i meant - to shoot, to develop your own prints and claim from the sports comm. what i meant is, if you want to shoot your own reels, please go ahead, but you may want to ask them to send it to develop at from ~15 dollars per reel.

you see, we're under the assumption that their photography budget is zero, so we're essentially shooting for free. i think the last time during surf n sweat, 20 reels to develop was a bit too much on their budget :D

meaning what? i shoot their 5 rows and then hand them over to develop and print themselves?

Originally posted by mervlam
meaning what? i shoot their 5 rows and then hand them over to develop and print themselves?

for SnS earlier this year, this is what happened -

1. film shooters collect reels from Sports Comm for shooting.
2. the finished reels are all returned to Sports Comm for developing.
3. prints are property of Sports Comm. negatives are given to photographer.

only problem is, whether they have the excess budget to handle film developing costs, and whether film will be provided or not. that's why i said, assume that neither will be possible.

Nowadays clubs and societies do not set aside budget for photography? Hee...

I got to work that day thus could not help out. I will be at Suntec that day though. Happy Shooting!

sehsuan, why aren't you shooting?

:)

Sorry sehsuan, got assignment, can't join your team...

National Vertical Marathon Shooters List
1. eug
2. MoriMori

Originally posted by MikaMatin
:gbounce:

can i join in?

thanks for your interest - but are you staying for the whole day? are you a digital user?...

would need to know these if you don't mind :)

could still add you in, since there's one more space for a full-day shooter ;)

Originally posted by Bean
Nowadays clubs and societies do not set aside budget for photography? Hee...

I got to work that day thus could not help out. I will be at Suntec that day though. Happy Shooting!

sehsuan, why aren't you shooting?

:)

Don't pray pray, he'll prolly be shooting with a 1Ds.

;p

please....... i dont think that most clubs and societies management would know appreciate the performances and capabilities between that of a 1Ds and a A40.

Originally posted by mervlam
please....... i dont think that most clubs and societies management would know appreciate the performances and capabilities between that of a 1Ds and a A40.

Errr y not?? quality?? noise?? sharpness compare to motion blur?(due 2 cam shutter speed) etc.... I think anybody would b able to spot such flaws if u use a A40.. or mayb even end up not able 2 produce results expected of u. Yes Cam is not tat important but it does help facilitate your shots.

In watever shoot knowing your subject and environment is alway important in order to prepare your gears suitable 4 the event...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Originally posted by agape01
jeffgoh,

I simply like what you did to your avatar.

Simply very interesting and funny.

That's better then flashing his Idendity Card. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.