Nikon Portraiture Shootout 2005 - THANK YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to say a BIG thank you to everybody that helped in organising this event. :thumbsup: ...I've learned a lot during the shoot and workshop...so now gotta practice all that!

The only bad thing is that after the event, I wasn't feeling too well...guess I caught the BBB virus!! hahaha!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

thanks to all, thanks to espn and those helpers, ;)
still remember the first question from espn was "do you own Canon camera?" ha ha!

I,too,enjoyed myself even though running around hoping to catch those unforgetable moments. Looking forward to another Nikon event regardless as a participant or helper. :cheergal: :vhappy: :thumbsup: :)

espn said:
Wow... all these in one night!!

TMC :kok: :nono: :bsmilie:

I think you folks should really thank the helpers and volunteers instead, they were the ones that put in the most effort, whilst (like TMC showed) I only lie around and talk on the phone :bsmilie:
altho ESPN looked quite relax in the pics, he is actually doing a lot of work, coordinating the next part of the program. :bsmilie:

TMC said:
altho ESPN looked quite relax in the pics, he is actually doing a lot of work, coordinating the next part of the program. :bsmilie:

espn had some fun too.

wrong..

he was actually doing a product shot of the shoes. :)

HERE are the event photos from the Nikon Portraiture ShootOut 2005. Here are just some of them from the 400++ shots which i've taken(and 1 from TMC). Too bad my photobucket account has limited space. Enjoy going through them.

acidbyte said:
HERE are the event photos from the Nikon Portraiture ShootOut 2005. Here are just some of them from the 400++ shots which i've taken. Too bad my photobucket account has limited space. Enjoy going through them.

good job, AB! if u need space, let me know? i still got loads of it in my own web server. :p

Many thanks to ESPN for organizing this outing. Clearly a lot of thoughts and time have been spent on this and I am sure everyone appreciates it A LOT!!

For all the helpers, you guys are great. You guys are so selfless in helping out all the newbies in sharing your knowledge. Appluase to you guys!

Glad to finally put faces to ppl on clubsnap, hope that we will have more such outings to come.

Cheers :cool:

The shot taken by ESPN, using my cam, so the pic with me.
Sorry didnt do much processing on it. If I didnt do justice to it, it is my fault.
ESPN, u want the original pic let me know okie ?

Hope u all had fun ...

DSC_8475.jpg

Pretty interesting shot. But ESPN should not cut off Fiona's hand and also should try and avoid the bin behind (of cos can PS away lah..)

nemesis32 said:
Pretty interesting shot. But ESPN should not cut off Fiona's hand and also should try and avoid the bin behind (of cos can PS away lah..)
yes, the chopping of the hand is a little disconcerting... ground not level... recommend rotating a little to aviod the lamp post behind her. the bg is also a little too strong, a CP would help??!?!

hahaha... am just kidding!! :bsmilie: as you can see, i'm no one to be giving advice on how to take pics (maybe i should attend the next one so that i can learn more)!!!

although i did not go, i can appreciate how difficult iit is to organise such events. but from the pics, i can see that it was a whole lot of fun!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for ESPN and gang!!

bigfatfish said:
espn had some fun too.

hmm, now i start to understand wat espn mean by u gotta get dirty when taking portraits..... :D

yklim said:
hmm, now i start to understand wat espn mean by u gotta get dirty when taking portraits..... :D

nah. this is normal for an event/wedding photogs. remember the quote from russel wong - "eye-level is so boring becos dats the way we see the world everyday". there are times u have to be prepared to get down and dirty to get the shot.

if u have the time, pop into riceball books and pick up the book by bryan peterson called "learning to see creatively". his book shows how to get the pic u want by just shifting ur perspective. i love one of his pic of a cat in an italian street. he literally lie down on the street so dat he can capture the cat at the cat's eye level. :thumbsup:

bigfatfish :kok:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Wonder what kind of shot will espn got ... :think:

Look at the lens where he point ... :sweatsm:

KO :kok: Hello... I 'professional' one ok.. I got ethics one :blah:

nemesis32 said:
Actually, this is a test show, I was trying to show ball of fur how to get a good angle and framing, heehee.

Cactus jACK said:
yes, the chopping of the hand is a little disconcerting... ground not level... recommend rotating a little to aviod the lamp post behind her. the bg is also a little too strong, a CP would help??!?!

hahaha... am just kidding!! :bsmilie: as you can see, i'm no one to be giving advice on how to take pics (maybe i should attend the next one so that i can learn more)!!!

although i did not go, i can appreciate how difficult iit is to organise such events. but from the pics, i can see that it was a whole lot of fun!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for ESPN and gang!!

It's actually my fault, I should have brought the Soft-1 and CPL II but I cleanly forgotten as I was rushing out of home to go meet up with the participants. :( My bad... my bad. :cry:

It's definitely a whole lot of fun, just met Darren this morning to return his projector, he suggested another one... I fainted on the floor. Heehee.

woohoo!! this is my first and i could say its really great!
anyways thanks to all the organisers and participants,
should organise this kind of outing more! everyone was
very helpful.
money can buy buy buy
prime lenses and D2X but cant buy the experiences and knowledge
shared!

nightwolf75 said:
nah. this is normal for an event/wedding photogs. remember the quote from russel wong - "eye-level is so boring becos dats the way we see the world everyday". there are times u have to be prepared to get down and dirty to get the shot.

if u have the time, pop into riceball books and pick up the book by bryan peterson called "learning to see creatively". his book shows how to get the pic u want by just shifting ur perspective. i love one of his pic of a cat in an italian street. he literally lie down on the street so dat he can capture the cat at the cat's eye level. :thumbsup:

Point taken... will keep that in mind... still got lots to learn from you guys...

Will drop-by riceball's place to check the book u recommend... Thanks!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.