Nikon DSLR D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems most of the specs matches D90....

It's a direct D60 replacement model. Still the same thingy....no in-body focus motor:confused:

The articulated screen is probably why Nikon is not making vertical grips for the D5000. (Credit: Nikon)
(click for larger image)

Wow. no battery grips ma? hmmm...

For those looking for an articulting LCD with a smaller body with D90 IQ plus video capabilities. D5000 hits the jokpot.

With this release, I can sense a D90 price drop or queing up at the BnS section.

I am also hoping it will reach the D3 or D4 :)

sure would be cool if they include thi swivel in future higher end models like D400... would they? hmm...

Hehe I"m intending to pair it with my 18-200 and for tours rather than my bulky 28-70 :p The price seems okay, abt 1k?

Of course not. That's why D5000 looks very tempting :lovegrin: Both picture and movie quality will be much better than what the P6000 can deliver. The only thing is that, despite how minute it may be, it is still bulky compared to the compact and requires dedicated macro lens to take macro shots of decent magnification (cropping not considered).

Think will wait and see what is the street price before deciding. Will be fun to see the 24-70 on the tiny body, though ;p

hmm, the D90 live view very lousy?

And it's LiveView AF is unchanged from D90, which makes it too slow for normal shooting....means tilting LCD is not very useful then...

I thought I could have reasons to switch...anyway, see how the real unit perform when it's available...

Just read two drawbacks (the bottom hinge can easily be envisaged, donno why the idiots put it htere):

The D5000 doesn't gain the lovely 920,000 dot screen that appears on the D90 and more expensive Nikons. Instead it gets a 2.7", 230,000 dot tilt and swivel LCD. This can help make the most of the camera's Live view and video recording capabilities; however because, like the majority of DSLR live view systems, the D5000's live-view AF is so slow, it's not as useful as the concept might suggest. Which isn't to say it's a complete waste of time, just that it'll be more of a benefit for a minority of users with quite specific needs (working on a tripod, for instance), rather than being a feature that every buyer will use regularly.
One problem with this particular design, though, with the hinge positioned towards the base of the camera, is that the screen movements can become severely restricted or blocked once the camera is actually attached to a tripod. Therefore, you well may have to think about where you want the screen to go, before mounting the camera on the tripod. It simply doesn't work as well as the side-hinged design on Olympus and Panasonic cameras.

From DPREVIEW

I think the flip screen is pretty darn cool.
We could do a lot more from the hip shots, to give it that good old twin reflex feel.
heck.. people won't even know your shooting them haha. :thumbsup:

I think the flip screen is pretty darn cool.
We could do a lot more from the hip shots, to give it that good old twin reflex feel.
heck.. people won't even know your shooting them haha. :thumbsup:

the screen flips downwards, not upwards. so unless you want to rotate the camera upside down and shoot, i frankly doubt you can see the screen when you flip it out, unless you do a massive flip out and rotation.. which i just feel is so chunky and obvious, everyone will know what you are doing. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

So the real Canon 500D's competitor trades a 3" non-swivel 920k screen for a 2.7" 230k swivel screen?

One man's poison is another man's meat bah, I guess... There are good uses for a swiveling screen but the wholesome 920k screen is just delightful for image playback. Nevertheless, I don't think Nikon had excessively cropped any corners for the D5000 delivery as a bottom-line DSLR... In fact, it's almost amusing to note its continuous shooting speed is just 0.5 fps behind the D90.

THe screen can rotate too what, hence you flip down rootate and you can see it liao :)

the screen flips downwards, not upwards. so unless you want to rotate the camera upside down and shoot, i frankly doubt you can see the screen when you flip it out, unless you do a massive flip out and rotation.. which i just feel is so chunky and obvious, everyone will know what you are doing. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

more info links

at DPREVIEW

and two videos on D5000 HERE

was watching the d5000 video from the link. was quite amused that they mentioned all footage was taken using D-Movie on the D5000 camera. But did they mention how many different lenses were used to take those footages? then at the end of the video, 18-55mm. hehehe~...

To me, D5000 spec is awesome, can't imagine what will be inside D400 body(if there is going to be one this year)-sorry OT abit;)

Knowing that you are the most reliable source in telling rumour around here, that is why I'm not just guessing but have faith in this so called rumour and wanted to be the first in the kopi session/camera body molestation session. This is definitely AKAN DATANG, right?:D

For those interested you may want to plant your flag there http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502483

D5000_LCD_4_i.jpg

D5000_back_1_i.jpg

D5000_back_2_i.jpg

D5000_LCD_2_i.jpg

D5000_18_55_top_i.jpg

Images taken fro Nikon Sg webstie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.