Nikon DSLR D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean they gonna come out with flip lcd?

it report on 30 march 2009, under the nikon rumors.. could it be a april fool joke...?? :confused:

if not let wait till 14 april loz.. :)

then we shall know very soon
Sounds like a Dee Five Thousand, with 14.3MP CMOS sensor and 720p video, is really on the way.. :bigeyes:

Is that what they're calling the D300 successor? I hope not. The mode dial there looks like it belongs in the D40/D60 family of plastic bodies, NOT what a new mag-alloy pro body should look like. Moreover it's paired with only a 18-55 kit lens.
Sounds like a Dee Five Thousand, with 14.3MP CMOS sensor and 720p video, is really on the way.. :bigeyes:

Dee Five Thousand ???

4-digi-number ??? like cannon???

why is nikon follow them in naming convention :dunno:

but flip out lcd is cool to have

first, humans questions... who needs live view in slr
then more found it useful

now, more will say ... who needs flip outs
in time, it will be hot like brownies :kiss:

such is the earth we live in

flip out liveview is good! i guess it will first be implemented on the d40/d60's successor seeing that canon has released a 500d, Nikon will be crazy not to update their entry level line.

Shots wre taken during a commercial

49724460.jpg

506266754_e6jdg-l.jpg

This model is set to compete with the Olympus e620 which come with articulating LCD also.

flip out liveview will be fantastic! will certainly make macro and other shots from difficult angles easier...

but i really really hope they will include an AF motor in the body... it's stupid that nikon are the only ones who left out AF in their entry level bodies. and yet the prices aren't really that much lower than the similar models from canon and others, if at all.

flip out liveview will be fantastic! will certainly make macro and other shots from difficult angles easier...

but i really really hope they will include an AF motor in the body... it's stupid that nikon are the only ones who left out AF in their entry level bodies. and yet the prices aren't really that much lower than the similar models from canon and others, if at all.

FYI, Canon do not have AF motor in the bodies. Nikon needed to take out the AF motor from the body to reduce the size and price to compete with Canon.

Is that what they're calling the D300 successor? I hope not. The mode dial there looks like it belongs in the D40/D60 family of plastic bodies, NOT what a new mag-alloy pro body should look like. Moreover it's paired with only a 18-55 kit lens.

Not a D300 successor. More like a D60 successor.
http://nikonrumors.com/2009/02/19/rumor-from-korea-entry-level-nikon-d5000-pma.aspx
http://nikonrumors.com/

Last edited:
Dee Five Thousand ???

4-digi-number ??? like cannon???

why is nikon follow them in naming convention :dunno:

but flip out lcd is cool to have

first, humans questions... who needs live view in slr
then more found it useful

now, more will say ... who needs flip outs
in time, it will be hot like brownies :kiss:

such is the earth we live in

I guess they either 1) ran out of numbers to use, or 2) they have something users can identify with...

I never thought Liveview is useful until I realise the accuracy of the Contrast detection AF. But flip out LCD with LV is definitely useful. I simply love the flip out LCD of the old Coolpix 5000.. now doesn't the number sound familiar?

flip out lcds has been around for years
i remember my old oly 5050z had one

I think this thread can be merged with the D5000 thread.

I think this thread can be merged with the D5000 thread.

Yes should be done. Rumour is seems chooon. and not D300 successor ;)

Next thing, to those D400 hopeful ..... have more patience not now.... That's what Genie told me (not Jeanie hor)

Thread merged

Last edited:
Yes should be done. Rumour is seems chooon. and not D300 successor ;)

Next thing to those D400 hopeful ..... have more patience not now.... That's what Genie told me (not Jeanie hor)

you will be enlightened...>!!!:angel::angel::angel::angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.