Nikon DSLR D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it's not just a juiced-up D60 with an articulated screen... Hope it has more substance, like a motor, a bigger and pentaprism viewfinder and a tiltable built-in flash! :devil:

Think of it this way - you can't enjoy photography with a D5000 N-O-W, and you'll never get a D5000 for the price you paid for D60.

Yeap that's right :thumbsup: go shoot more and enjoy the D60 it is a good cam

Mr. chngpe01, any chance for this new D5000/D400 molest session? can put me the first in your list?:D

Mr. chngpe01, any chance for this new D5000/D400 molest session? can put me the first in your list?:D

Aiyo, my friend, its only a rumour so far lah, I also got my sources from nikon rumour site, DPreview forum etc etc and other websites like everyone else leh. :sweat::sweat:;p and of course the Jeanie opsss Genie from the lamp lah.

But IF rumour come true sure will have Kopi and bodies molestation session (camera bodies I mean not what you are think of - else Sunday Times or TNP will send reporters to check again kekkekeke)

Last edited:
I got rid of my D40 with modded split-prism to wait for the D5000....so the rumours better be true. ;p

Cool.. No new kit lens to accompany!

FYI, Canon do not have AF motor in the bodies. Nikon needed to take out the AF motor from the body to reduce the size and price to compete with Canon.

Oh no. Thanks for pointing this out... I always assumed that USM = AFS so therefore not all Canon lenses have built-in motor, like Nikon. I never realised all Canon lenses have built-in motor because when looking at third-party lens specs, they would specify if the F-mount versions have built-in motor while not for Canon.

Bad excuse nonetheless. Very sorry for the mistake! By this, I would suppose it is not very likely Nikon will put an AF motor in the new camera then... :cry:

I got rid of my D40 with modded split-prism to wait for the D5000....so the rumours better be true. ;p

Pictures already out. Use the D60 first lah. ;p Should have installed the split image screen on the D60. ;p

Last edited:
ahh.. i think this if this is not a hoax, is a D60 successor...

wonder when the DX format would go out of production.. have to happen sometime, as sensor manufacture becomes cheaper and cheaper...

ahh.. i think this if this is not a hoax, is a D60 successor...

wonder when the DX format would go out of production.. have to happen sometime, as sensor manufacture becomes cheaper and cheaper...

Ermm how about never?

A few years back, I was reluctant to switch to DSLR because of price and size.

Then D40 seduced me in.

When I was upgrading to D90, I was really considering the D300 range. But what prevent me from jumping in was the weight!

Nowadays, carrying D90 (600+ g) , 2 lens (400+ g and 200+ g), filter accesories (add another 100g), bag (1 kg), tripid (1.5kg) around town for 8 hours, I really wanna cry liao. I dun even want to put my SB600 in my bag unless necesary! I cannot imagine carrying D700 + 2 X F2.8 lens + 2.5kg tripod!

By the way, I bought my D90 body the week it was out as I was going on a short trip.. Two months later, I clocked 2000 - 3000 shots and the price fluctuated by <$100.. Just buy and enjoy, dun wait!

Aiyo, my friend, its only a rumour so far lah, I also got my sources from nikon rumour site, DPreview forum etc etc and other websites like everyone else leh. :sweat::sweat:;p and of course the Jeanie opsss Genie from the lamp lah.

But IF rumour come true sure will have Kopi and bodies molestation session (camera bodies I mean not what you are think of - else Sunday Times or TNP will send reporters to check again kekkekeke)

Knowing that you are the most reliable source in telling rumour around here, that is why I'm not just guessing but have faith in this so called rumour and wanted to be the first in the kopi session/camera body molestation session. This is definitely AKAN DATANG, right?:D

Knowing that you are the most reliable source in telling rumour around here, that is why I'm not just guessing but have faith in this so called rumour and wanted to be the first in the kopi session/camera body molestation session. This is definitely AKAN DATANG, right?:D

Read my lips ;)

With an articulating screen, will there still be complaints about tiny viewfinders?

Probably old men like me need to carry a magnifying glass. Or perhaps Nikon can give a magnifying glass as a free gift together with this cam :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.