Nikon D70 failed and continuous blinking of CF light

Does your D70 failed and CF light keeps on blinking, MENU wont display, etc...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think my light meter was changed when I sent in for back focusing, cleaning, and AWB adjustments. Nikon doing pre-emptive checks on cameras that came in?

Bought my D70 in May04.

sending it in later today, just got back from school. its been used quite heavily (of course not as much as some other users here) i reckon around 20k shots....

Bought in Feb 2004, also have the same light metering problem :( . Any idea how much it cost for replacement?

mine still with nikon, will call today for status report. according to some d70 users, nikon malaysia fixed theirs for free even out of warranty

Trek+ said:
Bought in Feb 2004, also have the same light metering problem :( . Any idea how much it cost for replacement?

should still be free of charge, no harm in trying. just bring ur D70 to Nikon service center ;)

Oh No...i think mine has these problem. I am not in Singapore!!! Warrenty over liao!

CF light blinks, sometime will not power up, meter dont seem working correctly.

Sure hope that the servicing will be free...can't believe that my camera encounted this problem just 14 days after warranty ended :cry:

Nick

ok, got my cam fixed and back today. it spent 5 days at Nikon Malaysia (i hassled them everyday asking for status report). they fixed it FOC even out of warranty.

Sad lah...missed out on the D70 newbie outing and workshop today because of this... :(

Nick

ok, so.. cos i am considering either the d70 or d100, so with respect to this thread ar, seems like its not safe to purchase a d70? can i reckon so ??

oh ok..... but then i was reading the reviews for both cams la but seems like the d100 is a better get leh but becos my budget is flexi, so i prefer to get one thats is good for me la.....

had e same problem...w d70 cf card light blinking....ask them to replace everything including kit lense..wc they did on e spot.

glensky said:
had e same problem...w d70 cf card light blinking....ask them to replace everything including kit lense..wc they did on e spot.

nikon or the shop you bought it from? how old was the set and which shop?

My D70 failed yesterday in eactly the same way - took it to Nikon who can't explain why - with all the other failures reported they should know by now -
Purchased mine March 2004 - serial number 8001002 have had other problems as well - over exposure in bright sunlight - even in auto modes! - problems - continuos shooting - can't achieve 3 fps when using ANY of the JPEG settings - OK if I use NEF plus when using NEF+JPEG it transfers two small JPEGS via USB - OK if transfered via my Nixvue digital album - Nikon keep it 4weeks and reported everything was OK - but I still can't shoot 3fps with JPEG files more like 2fps
Have invested very heavily in Nikor lenses so I'm really locked in to Nikon now - but I am unsure about getting another D70 - but I have so many jobs to do I can't be without it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Will D70 fail completely because right now i using manual mode to shoot? Now i also take out the battery when not shooting.

glensky said:

really??? how old was your set then and which shop?

Will D70 fail completely because right now i using manual mode to shoot? Now i also take out the battery when not shooting.

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying... but....

1) I use manual mode to shoot too and using "M" won't cause your camera to fail
2) Removing the batteries when not shooting is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.