Nikon D70 failed and continuous blinking of CF light

Does your D70 failed and CF light keeps on blinking, MENU wont display, etc...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSC service very good!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

time to also consider upgrading to the D200!! :devil: :bsmilie:

Finally, a long awaited apology message from Nikon Singapore, repair will be FOC. For those whom paid for the repair cost, Nikon will reimburse back.

Nikon will fully reimburse the cost of repairs to those users who have already paid to have this problem corrected.

Guys, you can sleep in peace now. :thumbsup:

Main menu.
http://www.nikon.com.sg/service/index.htm

D70
http://www.nikon.com.sg/service/D70.htm

D2H
http://www.nikon.com.sg/service/D2H.htm

F55
http://www.nikon.com.sg/service/F55.htm

finally! it took them so many months for them to acknowledge the issue.

bedrock said:
finally! it took them so many months for them to acknowledge the issue.

of cos lah. which co. want to acknowledge such problems during production? nobody will buy after seeing such news right? but i must say its a good move from nikon to instill back confidence from customers. WELL DONE!! :thumbsup:

(ps. now the hard core evangelists can rest from defending this issue, unless they think they know Nikon better than Nikon themselves) :sweat:

It has nothing to do with during production or not, please do not make misleading comments.

plsoong said:
Anybody's D70 got this problem recently and send to Nikon Service Center to repair?

issit still free? :angel:

MINE just kana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1;(
It happened just now to my D70 which was bought around Jun 2004.

Same question, issit still free?
Add one more question, free service forever?

Thanks

This Blinking Green Light of Dead happened to my 2 years old D70 last week while packing for my Tasmania trip.

I am bloody disappointed with Nikon, I made up my mind now, I will switch to Canon as soon as I get it repaired and re-sell it.

lonelycamera said:
This Blinking Green Light of Dead happened to my 2 years old D70 last week while packing for my Tasmania trip.

I am bloody disappointed with Nikon, I made up my mind now, I will switch to Canon as soon as I get it repaired and re-sell it.

hmmm.... all these are electronic goods leh.... if it can happen to N, it can happen to C.... cant be changing brand all the time when things happen tio boh.... :dunno:

lonelycamera said:

BYE!!! I won't send you off to canon!! *wave*

Hi Guys,

After 2 years my D70 CF blinking light come on, so I send it to NSC to get it repair last week. Today I got a call from them tell me the repair cost is $205 w/o GST, I told them the problem is blinking light and should be free.

They told me that my case is different, mine is the CF PCB board is faulty and need to be change and my problem does not match to the free repair symptoms. :confused:

So just wanted to know does anyone have this problem but not free.... :cry:

Hi Guys,

After 2 years my D70 CF blinking light come on, so I send it to NSC to get it repair last week. Today I got a call from them tell me the repair cost is $205 w/o GST, I told them the problem is blinking light and should be free.

They told me that my case is different, mine is the CF PCB board is faulty and need to be change and my problem does not match to the free repair symptoms. :confused:

So just wanted to know does anyone have this problem but not free.... :cry:

well for the free repair sympton is the flexible PCB connector and not the board.

my D70 went through the BLOD and was repaired by Nikon in 2005. It just died on me again on sunday, CF PCB, DC|DC PCB needs to be replaced. NSC quoted me $520 before GST.

I decided agaisnt repairing it and bought a D80 instead.

I really hope this time the D80 won't disappoint.

Mine still ok. I guess it's ticking like time bomb. Look like nikon did not really solve the problem but the time did (after warranty expired or camera become outdated). Don't you think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.