nikon D3S ISO 12400 sample image

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say both the lens and cam... superb!!

this pic is worth 20+k right? ;)

Impressive stuff!

nice! nw I know what I can do with my new cam!! :thumbsup:

This D3s is really great, at high ISO, can still produce very sharp and 3D like image.:thumbsup:
I'm thinking of sell off one of my D700 and buy this D3s.
How much for the body only?

This D3s is really great, at high ISO, can still produce very sharp and 3D like image.:thumbsup:
I'm thinking of sell off one of my D700 and buy this D3s.
How much for the body only?

It should be around $7800 - $8000. :sweatsm::sweatsm:

Its S$6750 - S$6999 (inclusive of GST)

No samples, but tests I did last weekend for landscape shots showed pretty much no noise up to ISO1600 and from then on, some noise start to be visible on underexposed areas (shadows) but most of the details retained all the way up to ISO12800. Quite crazy, really. 25k all the way 102k ISO, you'll see some loss of details. So I've started to dial in an auto ISO up to 1600 for landscape shots when I dont have atripod with me, and for standard less important grab shots I would go up to auto ISO 12800.

No samples, but tests I did last weekend for landscape shots showed pretty much no noise up to ISO1600 and from then on, some noise start to be visible on underexposed areas (shadows) but most of the details retained all the way up to ISO12800. Quite crazy, really. 25k all the way 102k ISO, you'll see some loss of details. So I've started to dial in an auto ISO up to 1600 for landscape shots when I dont have atripod with me, and for standard less important grab shots I would go up to auto ISO 12800.

It will be interesting to see a comparison between the new sensor vs the previous champ (D3/D700) at various ISO levels.

Didn't imagine that this is possible!

It will be interesting to see a comparison between the new sensor vs the previous champ (D3/D700) at various ISO levels.

Hehe, bro wait for the review to be up in dpreview ;) Honestly, I couldn't resist my temptation :(

I forgot to mention that I use a monopod with a ball-head.
.......... and the VRII was OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.