nikon D3S ISO 12400 sample image

Status
Not open for further replies.
........Does a slight overexposure cause noise to surface? I had the impression that it is the brightening of underexposed images that causes noise to surface. I may be wrong as my exposures are usually correct so I have not much experiences in this regards, and due to the lack of time I haven't been studying the D3s hard enough to understand it fully.

I am using mainly zooms like AF-S 24-70mm and AF-S 14-24mm as my job mainly requires me to shoot in that range.

I should clarify about what i mean when i say "over-exposure".

from my own experience, each DSLR sensor has its limitations.
where the limitation is experienced is when the exposure is correct and noise begins to appear. this to me is the limit.

try this: use your exposure compensation to reduce your exposure one interval at a time until you get a result which has no noise. see if you can tell the difference.

enjoy

I should clarify about what i mean when i say "over-exposure".

from my own experience, each DSLR sensor has its limitations.
where the limitation is experienced is when the exposure is correct and noise begins to appear. this to me is the limit.

try this: use your exposure compensation to reduce your exposure one interval at a time until you get a result which has no noise. see if you can tell the difference.

enjoy

Thanks. I will give it a try.

you are absolutely right.

this means the quality of a digital camera's sensor cannot be critiqued in isolation.
saying that one camera's sensor produces better quality image than another without making any references to the lens used and exposure settings is in fact meaningless.

Exactly! That's why I said that it's a match made in heaven earlier :p

yes it is a vr II system , as u can see from the design of the VR on the lens, Nikon VRII version is in gold color, not red. Btw the owl shot can be much brighter, its underexposed

yes it is a vr II system , as u can see from the design of the VR on the lens, Nikon VRII version is in gold color, not red. Btw the owl shot can be much brighter, its underexposed

thanks for the feedback regarding underexposure knpan.
I like it this way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.