nikon 28mm f1.8

UncleFai said:
Conclusion: your keyboard needs cleaning.

Lol yup I agree...

This lens is really good!! Here is a sample of my mac keyboard.. taken at f1.8 in RAW and only straight convert to jpg in LR4 no processing at all.

DSC_1665.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SjOXkButgVenzBEeiLtY_2WtLpBjJGasS4qTVcJu-Sw?feat=directlink

at about 1:1 view

DSC_1665-2.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6oAiv_4iN1Dpf8MPaoMykmWtLpBjJGasS4qTVcJu-Sw?feat=directlink

The LoCA looks pretty bad. Very obvious even though the subject is not really high contrast. Quite surprised that your subject gives so much fringing.

I wonder if Nikon ViewNX will automatically remove some of the fringing.

Last edited:
the nano coating does help much...

dniwkh said:
The LoCA looks pretty bad. Very obvious even though the subject is not really high contrast. Quite surprised that your subject gives so much fringing.

I wonder if Nikon ViewNX will automatically remove some of the fringing.

LoCa not easy to remove.

Imho these type is pretty common in the focus test. The scene is similiar to u doing af tuning using paper scale and those normally will have LoCa as well even though the paper also not reflective or high contrast.

Just to share some price, its seem like it out of stock everywhere anyway;
TK Foto : 830 w/gst cash
SLR : 824 net cash
CP : 780 + 7%gst cash
OP : 850 net cash

Got a quote from Audio House: $999.

Bypassed MS (AMK Hub) today and pop in to ask.. quoted 820 (but forgot to ask if gst is included, which I presume should be inclusive)

:)

vagrant10 said:
Bypassed MS (AMK Hub) today and pop in to ask.. quoted 820 (but forgot to ask if gst is included, which I presume should be inclusive)

:)

Err... "pass by" and "bypass" entirely different meaning.

Ins't worst on the 50mm f1.8G for wide open?

Even shoot without flash?

7352867672_9b21f27c80_b.jpg

Sample take same subject but with the 50mm f1.8. LoCA still present but much controlled. Note that this pic take at a much later time where sun almost out..

wolfton said:
Wow JB only sell at $1900. At exchange rate of S$1=RM$2.46 (as of 2 days ago), that is a very good price for this lens.

The samples posted are very nice to...,bokehlicious :)

He he, just got called from the camera shop an reserve for anytime to collect it & will reviews when I have free.

Do you all think Nikon would be releasing the 28mm F/1.4 any time soon to cater the pro ?

Do you all think Nikon would be releasing the 28mm F/1.4 any time soon to cater the pro ?

not really have a big markets, cause too close to 24mm f1.4G.
have much more ppls to awaiting the 18mm f1.8G in time.

Last edited:
Tested out the len on d5100 today at airport .. so far quite happy wih it .. bokeh is good .. 28mm is a lot better than 35mm on dx .. one thing to note is, its quite easy to mis focus due to f1.8 aperture ..

Quite a few ppl curious abt the len when they seen the gold ring at the barrel, one even though its kit len 18-55 modify to have a gold ring in front ..