Nikon 1 users...fall in!!

The NEX and the V1 has it own strengths. If APS-C sensor quality is important go for NEX. Another person might prefer V1 superior focusing ability. Being new, the question is to ask oneself if he is a early adopter or one who play safe. We can't be both. If nothing is going to change if you get/did not get the V1/M43/Nex, go for the V1 especially if you are a Nikon fan and wants a fun camera to play with.

Or is it more suitable as a backup camera compared to the NEX which has a better suitability as a main camera? Or is the 1 series a fantastic setup for those looking to reduce their carry load? Hope to hear more from you guys.

Just got the V1 as a bday present from my lovely wife. She got me the 10mm-30mm and 30mm-110mm kit. I was really eyeing the 10mm f2.8 for the v1. can anyone who has time on that lens tell me if it is worth it in terms of sharpness and low light shots?

The camera seems quite clunky. And a big larger than the Olympus and and I guess the Panasonic variants. How does the Nikon handle? Was thinking of getting it, but cannot my head around the ergonomics and design.

The camera seems quite clunky. And a big larger than the Olympus and and I guess the Panasonic variants. How does the Nikon handle? Was thinking of getting it, but cannot my head around the ergonomics and design.

Well, if you go to steve huff web. He mentioned the v1 beats NEX 7 and EP 3 at iso 1600 raw with NR off.

Oh well, if only they design it to be something like the P7000.

I actually like the simplistic design, especially in white... very Apple-ish.

tomcat said:
I actually like the simplistic design, especially in white... very Apple-ish.

I think it looks nice from the front but it's too thick and looks not so nice from the side and the back.

Anybody knows where I can get the V1 + 10-30mm + 30-110mm for about $1.2k?
Found out about the iPhoto deal too late.

Still no harm to try and ask iPhoto, otherwise TK Foto or Alan photo will also do.

Anybody knows where I can get the V1 + 10-30mm + 30-110mm for about $1.2k?
Found out about the iPhoto deal too late.

Hi cautious, I'm oso keen to buy tis combo too. Want to go down together to iphoto? Maybe can get gd price. PM me if you interested.

BTW, can anyone advice is the flash necessary? Quite ex at $180. Believed unlikely able to connect any SB flash right?
Thanks.

Just bought the long zoom kit at MS colour. <1.3k.

Nah. Got quoted almost $200. Probably cheaper elsewhere, and not necessary now.

Just got the V1 as a bday present from my lovely wife. She got me the 10mm-30mm and 30mm-110mm kit. I was really eyeing the 10mm f2.8 for the v1. can anyone who has time on that lens tell me if it is worth it in terms of sharpness and low light shots?
I chose the long zoom twin set because I would rather wait for the faster prime lens, than to have 2 prime lenses down the road.