[News} Sony’s a7S Full-Frame Camera Realises a New World of Imaging Expression

Where do I pre-order one?

Anyone know when A7S will be release in Singapore?

IMHO, A mount is dead. Same goes for all the 35mm DSLR lenses like Canon EF and Nikon F mount.

There will be a paradigm shift. This time it will be lead by Sony with the MF sensor.

With mobile phones (spearheaded by Sony's dominance) eating into PNS territory, Casual users are seeing lesser reasons to buy a standalone camera. If they do see one, it would be likely be a PNS sized camera with interchangeability lenses.

With future FF mirrorless cameras like the A7, DSLRs will see their sales numbers being encroach by these equally capable mirrorless cameras. Seriously, casual users wouldn't want deal with the bulk and weight of a DSLR. The advantages of these DSLRs will be moot other than the their wide range of lenses.

That is where MF will come into play. They will take over the current DSLR market and set themselves a grade higher than the current 35mm format offerings. Sony will just flood the market with MF sensors, professionals will just realise they will have to move on with their over reliance on Canon and Nikon.

Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Fuji all know they can't beat Canon and Nikon at their own game, that is why they must create their own formats. Look at the mirrorless format, look at the M43 format, Canon and Nikon totally lost out in those segments. MF will be next, they will obliterate Canon and Nikon.

When Canon and Nikon do decide they need to go with the MF game, they will be back on level playing field with no advantage in lens offerings.

I am pretty sure with Sony's MF camera in the horizon, it will be a shorter flange MF. They will be taking advantage of the existing MF lenses from Hasselblad, Pentax, Mamiya to booster their offense against Can and Nikon.

Sony isn't a camera/photography company. They are technological company that believes in innovation to make existing technology redundant to increase their profit margin.

........???? :p

Will A7S release in Singapore on the 8th July as the rest of the world?

Sony A7S versus Sony A7 versus Sony A7R
$A7.JPG

Why not all ? =p

Which camera body should I bring for my holiday, the A7, A7R or A7s?

In addition to which lens I should bring questions. :bsmilie: