Newbies to start off with..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexking

Aug 12, 2005
I am new to DSLR would like to start off with either Nikon D40 (6mp) or should I go ahead with may be Canon 400D (10mp) so that i need not upgrade again in a short period.. Txs:confused:

well it depends on your budget and personal feel of preferences.

as for nikon or canon, you could do a search and there are many discussions/arguements on which is the "better" brand.

you need to hold and feel the camera yourself and ask if you like it. you would buy because you like the feel/hold/look/functions/features of the camera, not because people say so.

I am new to DSLR would like to start off with either Nikon D40 (6mp) or should I go ahead with may be Canon 400D (10mp) so that i need not upgrade again in a short period.. Txs:confused:

You are talking purely in terms of pixel count. Why do you think 10mp is an upgrade over 6mp?

This is the 3rd or 4th "D40 or 400D" thread in the last week or so. Try doing a little searching please.

6mp is more than sufficent for 90% of photographers (including pros). Buying the body is just the begining of your financial commitment. Since you're new to DSLR, you're in luck cos you're not held back by existing equipment compatibility; so you're free to choose to build any system (Canon/Pentax/Nikon/etc) from scratch.
First thing to do is go check out the different systems from the shops or borrow from friends to find out which is most comfortable in your hands & how easy you can operate it. The last thing you'd want it to hate the system you just paid a fortune for.

Thanks all for the advise :)

Here's a word of advice:
Your camera is only as good as it's lenses can be.

It's not just the body, do consider the lenses available and the price tags on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.