Newbies Shoot, Marina Barrage 22 April

Status
Not open for further replies.
3470874844_267ee90901.jpg

errrr.... feel free to comment mine too...
thanks...

the glare.. distracting..

I had a look through your gallery and I liked the shots there. You have some good ones that weren't included in this thread! :) My fave is #3. Sigh. Should have left office earlier. Never mind. There will be another day.

Some of them still had that unnatural (that's my personal opinion... maybe you prefer it that way) orangey hue to it. For example photos 9,10,11.
I remember seeing that you were taking in RAW. So something must have been applied in the conversion to JPG to cause the colour. Perhaps it was a shady or fluorescent WB?

kevin

You are right , I've put the WB to cloudy. And those night pictures did have a strange hue. It's the Cam because I've not done anything to those pic. Aiyah....sell it away lah.......

Is there something i need to do before saving the edited tiff files to Jpeg for uploading?

esther

Are you worried that people will steal your pictures ?

A few clicks will have your signature done.

I think you must have refered to mine, since no one else have tag their pic.

No lah, they are meant to be decorative. You don't like them?
My pic so lousy...no need to steal...ask and ye will be given, gladly.:bsmilie:

cheer up...:)

my utmost pleasure

regards,
Gorilla not-so-pod.

Hi frans84,

Very nicely composed shot and its very beautiful.

I m so convinced now that Canon can really make it. :)

RyanKoh74

thanks....
cam is juz a tool to shoot... my opinion is the creativity of shooting more important.... i prefer abstract shooting... try my best to read more and study those pro photography shooting way...

kevin

You are right , I've put the WB to cloudy. And those night pictures did have a strange hue. It's the Cam because I've not done anything to those pic. Aiyah....sell it away lah.......

Is there something i need to do before saving the edited tiff files to Jpeg for uploading?

esther

Hahah if you sell, I'll be the first one in the queue, fighting everyone off! :)
Don't give up. It's a great 'weapon'. Have to slowly get the hang of it and you'll be taking great pics soon enough. The more pics you take, the better you form that mental checklist of things to set up for each shot.

I'm not familiar with the RAW to JPG conversion, especially with regards to altering white balance. Sorry I can't help you there! Perhaps someone else would care to share? From other comments on this forum, it seems like an easy task to correct the white balance.

3470874844_267ee90901.jpg

errrr.... feel free to comment mine too...
thanks...

Besides the glare, most of the frame (ie the sky) is empty. If there were nice clouds it would have worked much better. Sadly we can't create clouds... or can we? :think: (think PP)

Any one organising any shoot ?

dude... I organised this outing to share some pointers with NEWBIES.
I see that you used to own a Canon, and now have crossed over to the dark side (welcome, by the way).
I feel a sense of personal reward by helping newbies understand their equipment better, and hence take better photos. That was my motivation for organising this outing.
Since you're not a newbie, why not join those other group outings listed here ? You won't learn anything from me/us.

Last edited:
Hey zerocool,

I am still a newbie. In fact, there is so much things to learn from anyone and anybody.

I see that you guys enjoyed so much in the outing thus i wish to join u guys for future outing.

Just joined CS not long .. so still exploring into joining the frens here in CS for shoot !

Cheers dude .. hopefully can allow me to join u guys next time ya!

Cheers
Fuji

Besides the glare, most of the frame (ie the sky) is empty. If there were nice clouds it would have worked much better. Sadly we can't create clouds... or can we? :think: (think PP)

haha. PS can do it, but im not smart on it.
i like the building curve, sure will be nice if there hav enough cloud.
is ok, try it next time again. haha...

Here are some pixs taken from me... :)
Not veri impressive, but pls do comment...
Still not veri good as the pixs i took doesnt look sharp..

2084.jpg

2099.jpg

2101.jpg

haha yeah. Usually newbies are too 'trigger-happy'. Must have a little bit more patience to conceptualize the shot first, then set-up the camera, bring it up to your eyes, and fire.

well, it's only true to a certain extent imho. for me, i'd be slightly more trigger happy. everyone was new, but everyone has their own first hand conceptions in their minds.

for me, i shoot with both eyes open. one eye in the VF, while the other eye is always open on the look out for other shots.. so when i finished snapping one picture, i can just turn and shoot at the very minute my free eye spots sth. lols.

Here are some pixs taken from me... :)
Not veri impressive, but pls do comment...
Still not veri good as the pixs i took doesnt look sharp..

Yeah generally your pictures are a bit soft. But still acceptable nonetheless!
I noticed you were using your LiveView function a lot. If your picture softness is due to the focusing being a bit out, this could be one of the reasons.

I like this photo the most out of the 6. The colours are nice, although the composition is a bit messy. i.e. There is no obvious 'subject' and leading lines to the subject.
2099.jpg

Your photos are also all tilted, some more so than others. #5 is the most obvious (see the horizon).
I make use of the gridlines in my D80's viewfinder to help me align the horizon
NikonD80viewfinder.jpg

thanks bro ZerocoolAstra for ur advise, will take note of the following pointers u mention.

And of cos will improve from there~!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.