Newbie's attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

genegoh

Mar 20, 2006
Simei
www.photosbymarbles.com
Hi all, would like to have some opinions on some of my shots from a ROM ceremony luncheon I did for my friend recently. Only 2nd time doing something like this. Comments most welcome. Are the PP done appropriate?

#1 Is this too unflattering? I feel that I caught a fun moment.
71873925.CnzmPWrN.017.jpg

71873929.GWNJHjdW.034.jpg

71873931.f85DS3vF.046.jpg

71873937.zDrInSUi.097.jpg

71873934.4m0TGTtm.063.jpg

More at www.pbase.com/genegoh

just my opinion. for pic 1, need to do somethign about her teeth. not very nice to look at. cannot see 2 to 4.

5 is nice :)

just my 0.02

so, your customer happy with 1st photo? this kind of picture should go to trash instead showing it

so, your customer happy with 1st photo? this kind of picture should go to trash instead showing it

why? if the picture captured the expression of that person in that particular moment it should be a keeper.

Just soften the photo & whiten the teeth it will be OK.

Agree witl jopel. Nothing wrong with the pix, not everybody is a super model. Strong emotions has higher weightage. You could convert it to B+w too to mask the "flaws" a litte or dont sharpen the teeth region too much but to me its a keeper.

1. yea I would agree to do a little PP to cover up the flaws ... if not it does feel a little awkward.
2. can't see the pic
3. looks normal to me ... probably can do more enhancement or effect to it
4. this is nice ... I like this best.
5. nicely done too ... I like the color combination

Good effort

just my 2 cents;)

Thanks for the constructive comments. Guess I'll have to work on my PS skills.
Not sure what's wrong with pbase, sometimes the pics dun come out... :(

Yeah, GeneGoh..It is very easy to whitening the teeth. Simplest is use Dodge in Photoshop. You can choose midtone, 50% slowly to whiten the teeth..Very very easy bah..no need skillful..

i feel a good emotions is not easy to capture..is very treasure.
that can tell the people actually he/she face is very special on that time...:thumbsup:
n0.1 and n0.3 also very :thumbsup:

why? if the picture captured the expression of that person in that particular moment it should be a keeper.

Just soften the photo & whiten the teeth it will be OK.

Well, it may be nice to the photographer, but people always like to be captured looking their best. It's not about what you like; it's about what they like...

Thanks guys for the comments.
This kind of shots maybe I'll just check with the client next time.
However, it was indeed a capture of a happy moment.
Well, my friends were very happy with the results, so I guess that's the bottomline.
Will continue to work on my shots and PS skills.

Keep it up bro ... all of us have to start somewhere ... :thumbsup:

Well, it may be nice to the photographer, but people always like to be captured looking their best. It's not about what you like; it's about what they like...

ah, thanks. Indeed a valuable tips.

I totally agree with you. Well, they liked my photos in general, not sure abt this one specifically, and have asked me to do their wedding. I'm flattered, but still have lots to learn.

Nice pics genegoh!
I'm a newbie on a steep learning curve too... :)

hi there, perhaps can link ur photos with imageshack.

pbase may not offer deep linking. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.