Newbies, and no proper camera yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

km1980

Deregistered
Sep 30, 2007
Jurong
Hi, I've been reading clubsnap's threads on some guides since yesterday and decided to make my vigin post today! :D

I love taking photos but I can only take pictures using my camera phone. I know it doesn't sound professional for using camera phone but that's the only way I can do now to satisfy my photography addiction, :sweatsm: and currently I'm still saving money for a DSLR. Yes, I'm planning for a Canon 400D!

I should be able to get the 400D by Dec this year, hopefully! LOL! And hopefully there'll be a promotion going on during Xmas period! :sweatsm:

F2point8

Sep 25, 2007
Upp Bt Timah
There are many selling the 30D and with grib some more for about $1300. Good deal if you don't mind 2nd hand..

gregsz

Sep 3, 2007
It is completely different experience for DSLR photos.:)

F2point8

Sep 25, 2007
Upp Bt Timah
Agree...
When you have the DSLR, you will never look back on the compact camera. The most is they will be your back up only.
Welcome to the world of D S L R..

ZDragon

Nov 9, 2006
Bedok
www.onzlah.com
It doesn't matter what camera you are using. As long as you like Photography... Welcome to the World of Photography. ;p

advrider

Sep 3, 2007
LA 2019
welcome to the world of photography..

btw, nice avatar. "godfather"

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Seriously, it's not the tool, but the person using it. I've seen some really great pictures taken using a handphone cam. Admittedly, it was a K800i, so it's a "good" handphone cam, but still... :p

Are you sure you want to take the dive into DSLR? I'd recommend a prosumer first.

km1980

Deregistered
Sep 30, 2007
Jurong
It doesn't matter what camera you are using. As long as you like Photography... Welcome to the World of Photography. ;p
Yeah, but switching from the compact camera to a DSLR is really a different experience and I believe I got a lot MORE to learn, and hell ya I love learning things regarding photography!

welcome to the world of photography..

btw, nice avatar. "godfather"
Eh ya. I love editing pictures too. Thanks haha.. :D

Seriously, it's not the tool, but the person using it. I've seen some really great pictures taken using a handphone cam. Admittedly, it was a K800i, so it's a "good" handphone cam, but still... :p

Are you sure you want to take the dive into DSLR? I'd recommend a prosumer first.
Actually my dad got a prosumer. I tried playing around with it once a while and I think I'll be more interested in DSLR.

F2point8

Sep 25, 2007
Upp Bt Timah
The ability to change the lenses is a big plus. But that may also mean $$$ gone:cry:
This is never a cheap hobby, but one which is far rewarding/satisfying than anything else..
Now that the DSLR price has come down significantly, there is no better time than NOW!

Jun 2, 2007
Simei

I disagree. I "graduated" from a p&s to a D80 and I'm loving it. Think I'll be wasting money if I had gotten a prosumer and upgraded a yr later.

km1980

Deregistered
Sep 30, 2007
Jurong
I disagree. I "graduated" from a p&s to a D80 and I'm loving it. Think I'll be wasting money if I had gotten a prosumer and upgraded a yr later.
Hmmm, I think it depends on individual. But for me, I'll agree with Clement Low. :think:

mrhobbit

Jul 21, 2007
depends on whether you feel you can justify a DSLR in terms of skills and whether you can afford a DSLR set up.if you are a poor student like me, a prosumer does offer quite alot of advantages.

its a personal thing, no wrong or right answer.:thumbsup:

handphone cam, prosumer, film, dslr, end of the day if you have fun with your photos its mission accomplished!:)

p7m13

Sep 30, 2005
If you don't mind... you can get a second hand Canon 300D + kit lens for $500. Check out the buy and sell section. :)

Start small and then work your way up.

Antzzz

Apr 28, 2007
Town
Be prepared to part with lots of your $$$, and beware of the L virus..

You may want to consider 2nd hand unless you are very sure you want to lug around a huge chunk of metal to take good pictures. I know of many who gave up after a while cos of the inconvenience.

For me, my DSLR goes whereever I go. It's like my personal weapon :)

xunjas

Dec 28, 2006
Singapura
www.isaackiat.com
Hi, I've been reading clubsnap's threads on some guides since yesterday and decided to make my vigin post today! :D

I love taking photos but I can only take pictures using my camera phone. I know it doesn't sound professional for using camera phone but that's the only way I can do now to satisfy my photography addiction, :sweatsm: and currently I'm still saving money for a DSLR. Yes, I'm planning for a Canon 400D!

I should be able to get the 400D by Dec this year, hopefully! LOL! And hopefully there'll be a promotion going on during Xmas period! :sweatsm:
400D price drop so fast, 2nd hand set with warranty left few months going @ 700-800SGD.
kit lens @ 60-70SGD. plus a 2gb extreme III CF @ 60SGD. sure can make it since the retail market price is dropped from 1669 to the low prices today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom