Newbie with canon A80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2003
Visit site
Hi...
I'm a newbie here, currently using canon A80.

Want to seek for guidance from the gurus here,
is it worth to buy underwater case for A80?

Is it enough to take good underwater picture only with this two item
(camera+ u/w case) ?

Thanks

first , welcome to this sub froum.

I believe you can take decent pictures with just the housed camera, provided you shoot within the limits of the system.

Coincidentally (coincidently?) , we are running a u/w photography contest on using just the internal flash of the camera or ambient light shooting. I am sure you can find some nice pics soon.

Regards
Eric

**come ** come** join the dark side **:blah:...now an underwater housing...next will be add on lenses, strobe and then dSRL...kekeke.... :bsmilie:

amateur_photographer said:
Is it enough to take good underwater picture only with this two item
(camera+ u/w case) ?

Thanks
Yes... as kthan said, provided that you shoot within the LIMITS of the equipment. You can get beautiful results of small fishes and animals in close proximity. In shallow depths and good visibility (lots of sunlight), you can also take very decent wide angle shots. Check out some of my A70 shots...

What do you mean by within the limits? For A80, what is the limits for UW photography?

Me know nuts about UW photography and would like to know more stuff before buying the housing

cheers!!

With just camera + housing , the limits refer very much to macro, ambient light (no flash) and "prob" head and shoulder shots (i.e diver or some fish portraits)

Eric

Thanks! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.