newbie reporting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokeh1.8

Jul 6, 2006
Hi. I am bokeh 1.8, a totally newbie to CS. heard that this is a very friendly place where photographers meet. really happy to become a member here.qing duo duo zhi jiao! thanks!

-bokeh 1.8

bokeh at 1.2 is even better ;p

welcome!

jdredd said:
bokeh at 1.2 is even better ;p

welcome!
ehhe.. altho not the point of this thread, but i'd just like to say bokeh isn't only affected by how big the hole is.. so to speak ;p

to joho: what else then? I thought that it is only dependant on the aperture

bokeh1.8 said:
to joho: what else then? I thought that it is only dependant on the aperture
other factors like type of glass and aperture blade design affects the quality of blur.

unless u're referring to AMOUNT of blurness, in which case, yes, the larger the aperture, the blurrer the out of focus parts of the image will be (all else held constant).

take note that bokeh is not how much blur, but the quality of blur. it's your nick leh, i would expect u to know wat it means. :bsmilie: ;p

Thanks jOhO for sharing, it makes newbies like me learn a lot :thumbsup:

jOhO said:
ehhe.. altho not the point of this thread, but i'd just like to say bokeh isn't only affected by how big the hole is.. so to speak ;p

my bad. i had the 85 1.2L in mind when i said that...

jOhO said:
esp newbie like u, sure learn the most! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yes!!! Can I learn from you? Can mentor me? I PM Zeckson Chow liao but he no reply :( maybe I not up to his mark :(

_espn_ said:
Yes!!! Can I learn from you? Can mentor me? I PM Zeckson Chow liao but he no reply :( maybe I not up to his mark :(

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

u sure u got PM him ornot...

maybe CS should adopt the HWZ PM system, let the person who sent the PM know whether the PM has been read ornot.. :dunno:

jOhO said:
other factors like type of glass and aperture blade design affects the quality of blur.

unless u're referring to AMOUNT of blurness, in which case, yes, the larger the aperture, the blurrer the out of focus parts of the image will be (all else held constant).

take note that bokeh is not how much blur, but the quality of blur. it's your nick leh, i would expect u to know wat it means. :bsmilie: ;p

thanks.. maybe I dun know myself well enough. :bsmilie: I am using a 50mm f1.8.. is the bokeh good??

bokeh1.8 said:
thanks.. maybe I dun know myself well enough. :bsmilie: I am using a 50mm f1.8.. is the bokeh good??
Which system? C or N or else?

Regards,
Arto.

_espn_ said:
you have not kneel in the snow for 3 days and 3 nights

I am downgrading to P&S can you mentor me?

ortega said:
you have not kneel in the snow for 3 days and 3 nights

I am downgrading to P&S can you mentor me?

Sifu, you "bai" ESPN master den ESPN becom my Grandmaster liao...:sweatsm:

BOKEH 1.8, Welccome. The big aperature will only decrease your depth of field (DOF) to make BG blur. For good BOKEH, you need a lens with good glass, and shape and number of aperature blades.

bokeh1.8 said:
canon or nikon? ehhe

anyway doesn't matter, those lenses are good for the price. of course there are better, but pay more lor.

i went from a 50/1.8 to a 50/1.4 and i still wish it could be better.. so.. it's subjective lar. :bsmilie:

"better" meaning overall.. not just bokeh.

ha ha.. I'm a canongrapher.. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.