newbie need adv on which cam to get n where

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanhan

May 19, 2006
hiya all

newbie here getting a cam

any advice recommendations on which cam in the market has the highest zoom for both day & night outdoor photography?

also tips on where to get it at best prices, peninsula area?

thanks all!

This must be the most FAQ in this forum.
I know must be tolerant to newbies, but sometimes really make me hot :angry: repeating the same thing. Browse around and do a search and you might get an answer.

Don't quite understand your question. Zooming for day and night got difference ?? :dunno:

Though some of the favourite shops here are Cathay Photos, MSColor, etc.
However, if you work hard enough go around shops asking for prices you may get some good deal. Of course, if you find some ridculous low price compare to the market rate, then you have to be beware.

Besides good prices, after sales service is also very important.
Good luck bro, and happy hunting !!

I highly suggest the Canon 1Ds Mk III, it has excellent zoom possibilities, ranging from the 4.5mm, all the way to the 1200mm lens. The 580EX also allows you to brighten up most places, making night seem like day.

Hehe. Anyway, are there any specific camera brands that you are comfortable with using? I know that I only like Canon PnS, and don't quite like the other brands. Also got to think of your budget, as diff budget has diff cameras.

I highly suggest the Canon 1Ds Mk III, it has excellent zoom possibilities, ranging from the 4.5mm, all the way to the 1200mm lens. The 580EX also allows you to brighten up most places, making night seem like day.

Hehe. Anyway, are there any specific camera brands that you are comfortable with using? I know that I only like Canon PnS, and don't quite like the other brands. Also got to think of your budget, as diff budget has diff cameras.

...ehh. that's like telling the poor guy who walked through the front door showroom that he should buy a ferrari and can custom it to sit 8 people if he wanted to.

from what i see, he's talking about zoom. this probably means that he doesn't have much of an inkling about what photography is. from what i gather he should be looking for a p&s or prosumer. in which case, the question is, do you really need the zoom, or do you want to feel good having the zoom? there is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.