Newbie here.Pls comment on this photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

belly

Aug 1, 2005
A.M.K
reflection.jpg
[/IMG]

Me newbie , at last i have something worth i think to be shown here.
Comment pls, I wanna improve myself.
I like this photograph because I had captured her refection on the guitar on the left.
Unintentionally actually .Ha ha.

belly said:
reflection.jpg
[/IMG]

Me newbie , at last i have something worth i think to be shown here.
Comment pls, I wanna improve myself.
I like this photograph because I had captured her refection on the guitar on the left.
Unintentionally actually .Ha ha.

I dont like this shot that much, i think the arm of the guitarist and his watch too distracting, also the stand on the right distracts from the piano, also too much space above the pianists head

Just my opinion

Hi there,

The colours in the photo are nicely captured and portrait out but the problem is with the composition of the shot. If you intend to capture her reflection on the guitar, the guitarist's hand is a real distraction, which should be out of the way first. Secondly, try to close up on the reflection instead.

Try to shoot more and compose the shots so that you can show others what are you trying to portrait or tell others with the photo.

Overall is a good attempt. Shoot more and learn to improve.

While it is fortunate that the photos we take come back with little good surprises, all the more we should judge objectively on them. Think back to the original intended composition, did it work? if yes, then the 'surprise' would enhance the photo. if no, then the 'surprise' is essentially not of much use as it is not the main focus of attention. In any case, what you have realised is that reflection is a one of the photographers' favourite tools. Watch out for it in the future. :)

The arm does spoil the photo, better if the forearm was strumming up with more of the guitar shown. Attention is very much dominated between the watch and panist's head, same size same colour. Decide what the subject is then compose around it.

Hey guys thanks for the comments.Really appreciated.
Thanks for pointing that out, yeah i think i agree la.. the composition is not really great, too much distraction from the arm n the mic post! Thanks for the advise. I would be more aware next time i shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.